Business Development Manager
About the company:
BioGenex designs, develops, and commercializes advanced fully automated molecular pathology systems for cancer diagnosis, prognosis, personalized medicine, and life science research. Our fully automated molecular pathology workstations are the most advanced system globally. Our customer focused approach, with premier after sales support and excellent technical service, provides the best-in-class customer care. Our spirit of innovation drives us to deliver cutting edge technology, years ahead of our competition, and the finest systems for life science research and diagnostics. With a team of accomplished technical, business and customer support professionals, BioGenex strives to reach the pinnacle of the global molecular medicine industry by offering cost-effective solutions for life sciences research and personalized medicine. Additionally, the partnership of BioGenex with premier academic institutions and industry partners drives its innovative research and product development activities. BioGenex strives for pre- and post-sales customer support that complements its high-quality products and solutions offered.
Brief overview for the role:
BioGenex is looking for a driven, resourceful individual with strong entrepreneurial bent for business development & strategic partnership position. This will be a tremendous opportunity to showcase their abilities in business, leadership, development and execution of market strategies. BioGenex is a pillar of the molecular pathology space, holding several industry-shaping patents and spearheading the innovations that dictated today’s widely used procedures. The growth and profitability of this opportunity is virtually unlimited and solely dependent on the candidate who will fulfill the role.
In this role, you will collaborate strategically with the executive management team and report to CEO/President to formulate an effective marketing plan to build strategic alliances, scientific collaborations, and channel partnerships with various entities or business within our industry. This position is responsible for taking initiative and leading the technology licensing goals, as well as develops strategies for optimization of IP value for our next-generation oncology systems.
Key Roles & Responsibilities:
- Relies on extensive experience and judgment to independently develop strategic, tactical, and operational plans that effectively maximize IP value and support the company’s achievement of product and service delivery goals
- Set both long term and short-term strategies that are in line with the company’s goals
- Actively participates in the development of the marketing budget and consistently meeting all budgetary goals established throughout the fiscal year
- Uses expertise to plan and conduct market research to identify market trends and partnership opportunities
- Uses independent judgment to determine best course of action Maintains regular updates with the President/CEO regarding achievement of goals
- Strategizes with the President/CEO to ensure departmental goals are in line with company mission Initiates and nurtures scientific/commercial partnerships and strategic alliances through networking opportunities, and/or attending trade conventions specific to our industry
- Effectively builds trust and credibility within the industry
- Effectively communicates BioGenex NextGen systems for cancer diagnosis, prognosis, and therapy selections, especially for precision medicine, characterization of cancer of unknown primary (CUP) and for staging, grading classification with new platform technology currently exclusive to BioGenex
- Communicates brand value and manage the validation of technologies for scientific merit and commercial value.
- Collaborates with R&D, marketing, and other teams to develop strategic and tactical approaches for optimizing commercial opportunities
- Expand professional skill set by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining a valuable network, and participating in professional organizations.
- Work with BioGenex’ Legal and Compliance departments,
- Administer and ensure compliance to BioGenex’ channel partner compliance program, conducting business reviews, documenting performance, acquiring post sales reporting, updating product pricing with the support from Product Management.
- Provide monthly reports on national and regional performance, activities, and risks. These may include sales closes, opportunities, trends, forecasts, and market developments.
- Performs other duties as appropriate or assigned by President/CEO
- Language Skills
- Ability to absorb, analyze, and interpret the most complex technologies and concepts
- Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints
- Ability to write speeches and articles using original or innovative techniques or style
- Ability to make effective and persuasive speeches and presentations on controversial or complex topics to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors
- Reasoning Ability
- Ability to define problems, collect data, comprehend and analyze, and draw valid conclusions
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Business Acumen - Understands business implications of decisions; displays orientation to profitability; demonstrates knowledge of market and competition; aligns work with strategic goals.
Required Candidate profile: Essential Education, Experience & Skills:
- Bachelor's degree in life sciences required
- PhD or MBA preferred
- 4-5years of business development experience including consummation of successful scientific and commercial partnerships, and strategic alliances in the life sciences domain
- Prior experience with molecular pathology/oncology products (IHC,FISH) preferred
- Demonstrated success in developing high-value partnerships and scientific collaborations with key opinion leaders
- Experience devising IP strategies is a plus.
Designation : Business Development Manager
Work Experience : 8 to 12 Year
Number of Positions : 1
Position Type : Full Time
Place of Posting : Fremont CA