The Manufacturing Manager participates in the planning, coordination, and control of manufacturing activities. The Production Manager ensures that products are manufactured efficiently while maintaining the right level of quality. The Manufacturing Manage supervises operations of the production department in accordance with the established safety and quality standards. Reports directly to the Vice President of Manufacturing (VPM).
The Manufacturing Manage shall comply with Berkeley Advanced Biomaterials’ (BAB) quality system and is committed to comply with 21 CFR Part 820, Part 1271, ISO 13485, Medical Device Directive 93/42/EEC (Amendment 2007/47/EC), AATB standards and other applicable requirements and regulations. BAB is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, ethnicity, sex, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability. This is an exempt manager level position. Payroll will be dispersed once a month.
- Under the direction of the VPM, Manufacturing Manage oversees the production process and draws up production schedules.
- Coordinates production activities among production supervisors.
- Ensures that the production is cost effective and ensure that products are produced on time and are of good quality.
- Works out the human and material resources needed and ensures adequate resources and supplies are available to accomplish production goals.
- Able to draft a timescale for the job, estimate costs, and set the quality standards.
- Monitors the production processes and adjusts schedule as needed. Is responsible for the selection and maintenance of equipment.
- Monitors product standards and implements quality-control programs.
- Liaises among production supervisors and different departments.
- Works with production supervisors to implement the company's policies and goals.
- Ensures that health and safety guidelines are followed.
- Supervises and motivates the manufacturing team.
- Reviews staff performance and identifies training needs.
- Bachelor’s degree in a science or related field.
- A minimum of two years of experience as a supervisor in a medical/biotechnology industry.
- A minimum of five years of work experience in a medical/biotechnology industry.
- Must be able to effectively communicate in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Knowledge of Quality Systems and cGMP standards including but not limited to 21 CFR Part 820, 21 CFR 1271, AATB, ISO 13485, and MDD 93/42/EEC.