Annexon Biosciences is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company pioneering the development of a new class of medicines for patients with classical complement-mediated autoimmune, neurodegenerative, and ophthalmic disorders. The company’s pipeline is based on its platform technologies addressing a broad spectrum of well-researched classical complement-mediated autoimmune and neurodegenerative diseases triggered by aberrant activation of C1q, the initiating molecule of the classical complement pathway. Annexon is advancing a portfolio of innovative product candidates designed to block the activity of C1q and the entire classical complement pathway. Annexon is deploying a disciplined, unbiased biomarker-driven strategy designed to improve the probability of technical success of its portfolio and striving to deliver precision medicine to patients with classical complement driven diseases in the body, brain and eye.
Wet Lab Technician
Annexon Biosciences is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company developing a new class of complement medicines for patients with classical complement-mediated autoimmune, neurodegenerative, and ophthalmic disorders of the body, brain, and eye. The company’s pipeline is based on its platform technology addressing a broad spectrum of well-researched classical complement-mediated autoimmune and neurodegenerative diseases triggered by aberrant activation of C1q, the initiating molecule of the classical complement pathway. Annexon is advancing a portfolio of innovative product candidates designed to block the activity of C1q and the entire classical complement pathway: ANX005 (intravenous administration), ANX007 (intravitreal administration), and ANX009 (subcutaneous administration). Annexon is deploying a disciplined, biomarker-driven strategy designed to improve the probability of technical success of its portfolio.
- Create and maintain antibody/reagent and supply inventories
- Lab organization and routine cleaning of the lab spaces
- Storage and stocking of research supplies
- Prepare and track outgoing shipments
- Accession and store incoming samples
- Serve as a point of contact with vendors and laboratory service providers
- Troubleshoot and provide QA Support for reagents
- Manage and update SDS directory
- Bachelors in a life sciences-related discipline with lab services experience or familiarity
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work
- Able to self-manage and work both independently and in coordination with lab scientists
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Eagerness to work in a dynamic collaborative environment
- Proficiency in MS Office with data base/spreadsheet experience
- Basic lab techniques including: Aseptic handling & Stock and reagent preparation
- Familiarity with the following lab techniques: Western Blot, ELISA, & PCR
DIVERSITY, EQUITY, INCLUSION, BELONGING ARE IMPORTANT TO US
We believe that diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging are essential for the strength of our business and the vitality of the communities we serve.
Internally, we want to make sure all employees feel welcome, appreciated and can be themselves at Annexon. We continually educate, inform and hold accountability for improving our diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging efforts. We ensure that open and real dialogue happens on important diversity topics.
Externally, we continuously work to build our pipeline of underrepresented candidates for our workforce, enhance, recruit and develop a best-in-class, diverse, equitable and inclusive workforce; ensure that Black, LatinX and other underrepresented businesses have long-term sustainable opportunities to work with Annexon; and hold our vendors to the same standards under which we operate.
Annexon Bio is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
Employment is conditioned upon full vaccination against the Covid-19 virus. An applicant is considered fully vaccinated two weeks after their second dose in a 2-dose series, such as the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines, or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine, such as Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen vaccine. You will be required to show proof of vaccination status upon hire. The Company provides reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable state, federal and local laws.
Recruitment & Staffing Agencies: Annexon Bio does not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than candidates. The submission of unsolicited resumes by recruitment or staffing agencies to Annexon Bio or its employees is strictly prohibited unless contacted directly by the HR Team. Any resume submitted by an agency in the absence of a signed agreement will automatically become the property of Annexon Bio, and Annexon Bio will not owe any referral or other fees with respect thereto.