At GreenLight we are working to solve two of the world's greatest problems: global food insecurity and equal access to vaccines and the associated health benefits. Unlike most corporations who can be required to put profits ahead of other principles, GreenLight is one of the first Public Benefit Corporations to be publicly traded and have a charter that requires a focus on how it benefits its employees, community and society and has a broad portfolio addressing key issues in plant health and human health (Nasdaq: GRNA) by leveraging the full potential of dsRNA and mRNA. The GreenLight team is over 300 people across our headquarters in Medford, MA, an R&D facility in Woburn, MA and an R&D facility in Research Triangle Park, NC. GreenLight also has a biomanufacturing plant in Rochester, NY. Initiatives include finding ways to support biodiversity, protect bees and other pollinators, treat rare diseases as well as develop vaccines.
At GreenLight, we believe inclusion is the way forward. We celebrate the power of working together to address humanity’s challenges, meet the needs of underserved populations, and push the boundaries of scientific discovery. Fueled by our aspiration for a true sense of belonging, our talented teams embody the principles of diversity and equality as we strive to bring food security, medicine, and healthcare to everyone—paving the way for a sustainable future. For more information, visit www.greenlightbio.com.
GreenLight Biosciences is seeking a collaborative and highly motivated Research Associate to join the Formulation team. The candidate will work closely with the Analytical Chemistry Lead to execute robust analytical techniques in support of proper characterization for materials to be tested in crop protection applications. Upon biological validation of some of those early stage delivery technologies, the successful candidate will also support, when needed, the work of other analytical scientists in the design, development and implementation of validated analytical methods to characterize final formulated dsRNA products coming out of the development phase. Familiarity in a variety of analytical techniques including HPLC, SEC, Spectroscopy (FTIR, Raman, Fluorescence), and electrophoresis (gel and capillary). Strong technical, organizational, and communication skills, along with a commitment to excellence and high-quality work are required. The individual will contribute within an innovative and fast-paced R&D environment and help to build the future of RNA revolution. Come and join us.
- Execute tailored analytical methods to characterize novel formulations of dsRNA and formulation components in complex matrix systems.
- Analyze, summarize, and clearly present technical data to the rest of the R&D organization and in external venues
- Work collaboratively with other R&D team members to accomplish project goals and milestones
- B.Sc. or M.S. in analytical chemistry, chemistry, biochemistry, chemical engineering, or related field
- 0-2+ years’ experience, preferably in an analytical chemistry laboratory in an industrial setting
- Strong background in chemistry and analytical methods
- Proven track record of successfully managing complex formulation analysis methods and robust, specific LC quantification assays
- Experience with variety of analytical techniques, method development and validation for biological pesticides as well as chemical pesticides
- Experience with nucleotide and oligonucleotide / nucleic acid separations is preferred
- Experience with microscopic characterization of different colloidal systems through different analytical techniques, including DLS, Zeta Potential, etc. as well as definition of their macroscopic physical attributes such as viscosity and surface tension, is preferred
- Hands on experience troubleshooting analytical equipment
- Good Lab work documentation Practices
- Must be highly motivated with high quality standards and an absolute commitment to team success
- Ability to work effectively in fast-paced R&D environment with multiple tasks at hand
- Strong communication and organizational skills, with a proven ability to convey complex ideas in a clear, precise, and actionable manner
Greenlight Biosciences Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
GreenLight requires proof of COVID-19 vaccination for its employees.