We are currently searching for a Researcher to independently provide support services to satisfy the overall operational objectives of the National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke. The primary objective is to provide services and deliverables through performance of support services. This opportunity is full-time, and it is on site in Bethesda, MD.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Coordinate the initiation of research study protocol, operating policies, and procedures as they pertain to EEG
- Perform physiological studies that will add to the fundamental knowledge of the advancement of human health
- Perform physiological studies to understand the relationship between the brain and the peripheral nervous system, study how brain activities impact function
- Arrange maintenance contracts as needed and maintenance when required
- Work with Biomedical Engineer to maintain matlab, neuroscan and spss licenses; order licenses and other supplies through electronic ordering (POTS)
- Investigate the science behind improving outpatient procedures; work on improving technology; spend time with patients to assess ailments while working with the medical team
- Independently obtain satisfactory recordings of electroencephalograms (EEG) and evoked potentials in neurological patients on an inpatient or outpatient basis; perform specialized motor-control-studies
- Provide information about the procedure to the patient and/or the referring physicians and scientists; obtain applicable patient history and information necessary for the interpretation of tests; consider special needs for different patient population and maintain patient confidentiality
- Review all records and make necessary notations before submitting them for interpretation; check all recordings before the patient leaves the laboratory
- Perform or assist physicians in obtaining physiological studies including blink reflex testing, tremor evaluation, myoclonus evaluation, sensory temporal discrimination threshold testing, and other related electrophysiological testing
- Coordinate the collection and analysis of research data and analysis systems; ensure that all records are complete
- Work with neurologists, neurophysiologists, and other professional staff members to gather and prepare material for publication and illustration
- Attend conferences and seminars; read literature to remain current in recording techniques, infection, and diagnostic information.
- Maintain current CPR and infection-control-certification
- Keep informed of protocol and pharmacological studies in development
- Utilize the computer-based system (CRIS), receiving examination requisition and retrieving patient information needed for examinations
- Maintain equipment and ensure that the examining rooms are in sanitary and proper working order
- Stock the laboratory with necessary supplies; perform inventories of supplies and submit purchase orders to always ensure adequate supplies
- Understand appropriate calibration and troubleshooting techniques
- Understand infection-control-guidelines and equipment regulations
- Maintain logbooks, records, and computerized files
- Archive, retrieve and compile data as requested
- Collaborate with the staff in the filing and storing of reports and maintenance of record library
- Schedule testing and clinic appointments; initiate medical records; make admission room reservations in the absence of staff
- Train the fellows in the Section on neurophysiological testing procedures, including ear plug insertion training
- Maintain Safety Management of laboratories; act as the Safety officer for the Section; perform periodic safety check
- Maintain laboratory to Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (JCAHO) standards
- Work with the Biomedical Engineer to maintain the IT HMCS infrastructure
- Maintain inventory of laboratory equipment
- Trouble-shoot equipment in case of malfunction
- Bachelor's Degree in Physical Sciences or related field
- Minimum of (3) years of experience in clinical research
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written
Dovel Technologies and its Family of Companies (Medical Science & Computing and Ace Info Solutions) was acquired in October 2021.
Guidehouse is a leading global provider of consulting services to the public sector and commercial markets, with broad capabilities in management, technology, and risk consulting. By combining our public and private sector expertise, we help clients address their most complex challenges and navigate significant regulatory pressures focusing on transformational change, business resiliency, and technology-driven innovation. Across a range of advisory, consulting, outsourcing, and digital services, we create scalable, innovative solutions that help our clients outwit complexity and position them for future growth and success. The company has more than 12,000 professionals in over 50 locations globally. Guidehouse is a Veritas Capital portfolio company, led by seasoned professionals with proven and diverse expertise in traditional and emerging technologies, markets, and agenda-setting issues driving national and global economies.
Guidehouse is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, age, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.
Guidehouse will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law or ordinance, including the Fair Chance Ordinance of Los Angeles and San Francisco.
If you have visited our website for information about employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require accommodation, please contact Guidehouse Recruiting at 1-571-633-1711 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@guidehouse.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodation.
Guidehouse does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of Guidehouse, and Guidehouse will not be obligated to pay a placement fee.