Eikon Therapeutics is a new biopharmaceutical company employing revolutionary technology at the interface of chemistry, engineering, computation, and biology to discover novel treatments for life-threatening diseases. Eikon’s discovery platform is built on groundbreaking innovations from its founders (Nobel Prize, 2014), culminating in the creation of microscopes which enable real time, molecular-resolution measurements of protein movement in living cells, thereby unlocking otherwise intractable classes of proteins as drug targets.
Who you are
You are an adventurous, passionate, and creative software engineering manager eager to apply your talents to empower interdisciplinary scientific exploration, inaugurate a radical drug-discovery paradigm, and ultimately create novel medicines. You will bring to this challenge enthusiasm, high energy, intellectual curiosity, and scientific rigor. You are excited about being a foundational leader of a small but growing team.
What You'll Do
- Build, manage, and lead a software engineering team to design and implement software for microscope instrument data acquisition and control.
- Collaborate with scientists, engineers and business representatives to understand short- and long-term needs and requirements, including UI/UX.
- Interface with biologists, medicinal chemists, microscopists, and optical and automation engineers to design and deploy computational solutions for high-resolution microscopes and related instrumentation developed at Eikon.
- Work on multiple projects simultaneously, developing milestones and deadlines in coordination with the broader company goals.
- BS, MS equivalent experience in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or a related quantitative field (physics, statistics).
- 7+ years of industry experience managing teams developing instrumentation software in a scientific domain. Experience in biotechnology preferred.
- Manage engineers in the full instrument control software stack, including instrument control GUI, data acquisition software, diagnostic services, task management, firmware, and device control.
- Although this is a management position, strong programming experience in C++ / Java / C# or related language is required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with CI/CD, Agile scrum, and Gantt program management environments.
- Team oriented, flexible, able to adapt to rapidly evolving goals and challenges
Eikon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment.
In accordance with the Company’s duty to provide and maintain a safe workplace, the Company requires all employees to be Fully Vaccinated with one of the FDA approved COVID-19 vaccines, which includes those vaccines that have received the FDA’s emergency use authorization. You will be expected to be Fully Vaccinated as of your Start Date. If you believe that you are exempt from this requirement under an applicable law or regulations, including Americans with Disabilities Act and California’s Fair Employment and Housing Act, you will need to contact the Company’s Human Resources group. For purposes of this section, Fully Vaccinated means (i) the completion of the vaccination regimen as approved by the FDA (by way of example, 2 doses of the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine and 1 dose of the Johnson and Johnson vaccine), and (ii) timely receiving booster vaccination, as recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.