Who We Are >>> Why You Should Work With Us
Olema Oncology (OLMA) is a biopharmaceutical company developing innovative targeted therapies for women’s cancers. Our lead program, OP-1250, a potential best-in-class complete estrogen receptor antagonist (CERAN) / selective estrogen receptor degrader (SERD), is in Phase 2 clinical development for the treatment of ER+/HER2- Breast Cancer. Our goal is to transform the standard of care for women living with cancer by developing more convenient and effective therapies.
Onto something bigger, together. Olema is made up of people who are passionate beyond measure. Each and every day, we come together to do amazing things – for each other, for science, and for women with cancer.
Strategically located in two large biotech hubs – San Francisco, CA and Cambridge, MA – we offer a flexible work environment and the best of both coasts.
Our modern hybrid workplace model encourages employees to split their week between working from home and at our lab/office, while also providing several allowances to help with both home office and commute expenses.
While at the lab/office, our teams build their camaraderie, opening the door for more authentic mentorship and career development opportunities. While at home, employees can make the most of their time – whether that’s picking up the kids from school, going on a mid-day run, or catching up on chores. Through this model, we strive to offer our employees the best of both work models.
About the Role >>> Associate Director/Director, Medical Science Liaison, Breast Cancer
As the Associate Director/ Director Medical Science Liaison, Breast Cancer reporting to the VP Clinical Development, you will provide strategic leadership and medical guidance in collaboration with our clinical development team and other departments throughout the development and execution of clinical trials.
A results-oriented, roll-up your sleeves person, you will lead by example as you spearhead Olema’s medical affairs activities, providing thought leadership and serving as a subject matter expert both in-house and to external audiences.
This role will preferably be based out of our San Francisco office, though Boston candidates will also be considered, and will require up to 25% travel, including domestic and international conferences and occasional weekend travel.
Your work will primarily encompass:
Leading and Influencing Medical Affairs Activities
- Lead all activities including collaborating cross-departmentally (clinical development, project management, R&D, business development), planning publications and evidence generation, analyzing data gap, and preparing materials (manuscripts, abstracts, conference presentations) for conferences, advisory boards, and investigator meetings.
- Manage projects to completion, anticipating obstacles and difficulties that may arise, and resolving them collaboratively.
- Work on the early development of various projects, providing independent thought and initiative in the further development of specific projects and ensuing presentations and reports.
- Develop and execute projects that will provide more extensive background and additional data/answers to questions in response to issues relative to commercial, scientific, or data needs.
- Serve as Medical Affairs lead on select scientific issues/topics using your expertise to develop global scientific messages, inform strategy, create/update slide decks, and review medical information response documents.
- Provide medical and scientific input on Independent Medical Education, Grants, Investigator-Sponsored Research, Collaborative Research, and Promotional Review Committee.
Serve as a Subject Matter Expert and Represent Olema
- Communicate regularly with the clinical team to remain abreast of issues in the field and provide medical education, support, and direction.
- Serve as liaison with Breast Cancer KOLs.
- Serve as Medical Affairs Representative on global development project teams.
- Attend major conferences and help coordinate medical affairs activities, possibly presenting to external audiences.
Ideal Candidate Profile >>> Medical Affairs Expert with Oncology Therapeutics Experience
A love of challenging, important work. We are a pragmatic team, driven to imagine and develop meaningful therapies for improving lives. All employees within our company play a unique and crucial role in our success, both in accomplishing our mission and building a positive company culture. As such, we are looking for someone with the right combination of knowledge, experience, and attributes for this role.
- MD, DO, PhD, or PharmD required
- Strong working knowledge of all applicable regulatory and legal requirements for Medical Affairs activities required
- Strong analytical skills demonstrating the ability to identify and understand complex issues/problems and to identify and query key findings from study data and publications
- Able to suggest solutions for issues encountered with clinical studies and other projects in their area of responsibility
- 5+ years of clinical and research experience in oncology therapeutics required
- Prior global and/or considerable affiliate experience in breast oncology medical affairs activities required
- Biotech industry experience required
- Developing effective abstracts, manuscripts, posters, and slides and presenting them at scientific meetings
- Managing partner agencies preferred
- Demonstrated proficiency in writing, editing, and media relations management, including writing scientific materials
- Demonstrated leadership in brand/reputation management
- Simplifying complex information into clear, concise messages to effectively communicate the company story
- Serving in a high-visibility role and making public presentations to a variety of audiences
- Anticipating needs, meeting tight deadlines, being proactive, and exercising independent decision-making
- Managing the communication of sensitive and confidential information
- Excellent communication skills – written, verbal, presentation, interpersonal
- Strong relationship-building and negotiating skills
- Highly organized with an attention to detail and ability to meet timelines in a fast-paced environment
- Good project management skills; can work on multiple projects simultaneously and effectively prioritize workload
Important Information >>>
We provide equal opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment and believe that great ideas and discoveries come from a mix of expertise, background, and experience. Olema is building a culture where the value of difference is celebrated.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package, seeking to provide an open, flexible, and friendly work environment to empower employees and provide them with a platform to develop their long-term careers. A Summary of Benefits is available for all applicants.
Olema also requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to approved medical or religious exemptions or disability accommodations. The health and safety of our employees is important to us!
Please note: Olema doesn’t accept agency resumes and is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Thank you.