Janux Therapeutics, Inc. is seeking a Director/Senior Director of Program and Portfolio Management to be responsible for the strategic planning and execution of all of Janux’s clinical and early development programs, support the integration of the company’s portfolio to support decision making with the executive team, as well as serve as a key integrator for cross-functional teams.
The successful candidate will have strong drug development knowledge combined with exceptional leadership, communication, influencing and facilitation skills and most importantly; the ability to work collaboratively across all functions and levels of the organization. This position will report into the Chief Strategy Officer with accountability to the executive team for execution on goals as set forth by corporate objectives.
This is a great opportunity to be involved in all aspects of drug development and transformation of a pioneer in today’s immuno-oncology field.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Partner with cross functional leads to develop and execute upon program strategy, drive strategic and tactical planning, program budget preparation and management as well as prepare accurate program updates for senior management
- Assess the needs of programs alongside functional leads to guide operational decisions to support the requirements for achieving program goals
- Drive planning for key drug development stage-gate decision points (FIH, regulatory filings, study start-up, etc)
- Identify project issues, risks or resource gaps and facilitate resolution
- Ensure relevant communication and alignment across departments, together with internal and external subject matter experts
- Effectively present information, respond to questions, facilitate communications regarding critical issues and business impacts related to program strategies to the executive team
- Establish, maintain and enforce best practices, accurate record keeping and implementation/maintenance of knowledge management databases
- Develop, Implement and ensure adherence to operational procedures throughout the organization
- Actively participate in system and process improvements, including documenting policies and procedures to streamline data gathering from all teams and external vendors
- Other duties as assigned or deemed necessary by management
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Bachelor’s degree in life sciences or a relevant field. Advanced degree preferred.
- 8+ years’ experience managing cross-functional programs in biotech or pharmaceutical industry; consideration may be given to individuals with combined cross-functional program management and biopharmaceutical drug development experience in functions outside of project leadership / management (e.g. clinical development, regulatory).
- Must have sound knowledge of integrated drug development process in a biopharmaceutical corporation. Experience with cell therapy programs, Oncology and/or Hematology therapeutic areas preferred.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) or other relevant certification a plus.
- Ability to manage multiple work streams and projects concurrently.
- Ability to problem-solve, research issues, and propose solutions.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and oral, and ability to communicate complex information succinctly.
- Ability to function independently in fast-paced environment.
In addition to a competitive compensation package with stock options and stock purchase plan, Janux also offers a comprehensive benefits package for our employees and their families, which includes medical, dental, vision, and supplemental disability insurance. Relocation assistance is also available.
Job Type: Full-time
- Medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Supplemental disability insurance plans
- Flexible schedule
- Life insurance
- Flexible vacation
- Sick time
- Incentive stock option plan
- Relocation assistance
- On site (San Diego, CA)/Hybrid
COVID-19 Vaccination required
Janux requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Janux will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
Janux Therapeutics, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to providing a work environment free of harassment and discrimination based upon a protected category, as well as an environment free from retaliation for protected activity
Since our inception in 2017, we’ve successfully built an innovative culture that encourages scientific creativity within the bounds of our data-driven decision-making philosophy. This enabled our agile R&D team to efficiently discover numerous novel preclinical candidates: each of our unpartnered pipeline assets was discovered in 2020.
We encourage energetic, scientifically driven professionals to review our open positions and apply to those that match their qualifications.