The Field Service Engineer is customer-focused and able to perform all mechanical, electrical, and electronic repairs on medical linear accelerators integrated with fan beam CT and PET in a timely fashion while meeting all administrative requirements. This position warrants the highest level of professional representation between the customer and the Company in all aspects of customer-relations.
- Ensure customer satisfaction through implementation of effective and efficient service activities.
- Install, maintain, repair, upgrade, and test equipment in a clinical environment, within time requirements established by service management and/or customer.
- Provide planned maintenance in accordance with published procedures
- Maintain performance and service records on the equipment.
- Troubleshoot and repair equipment with minimal, and/or remote, support.
- Timely and professionally handle field service calls and issues, triage with headquarters as appropriate.
- Communicate with the customer and account executive to ensure satisfaction and implement any necessary corrective actions.
- Timely and accurate submission of service reports, timesheets, expense reports, film badges and other paperwork as assigned.
- Economic use of replacement parts and managing the returns process.
- Responsible for managing stock and maintaining tools so they are compliant and in good order.
- Provide feedback to Engineering for service-related product improvements.
- Other duties as assigned
- Associate degree in electronics, engineering, or related discipline or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of field service experience with similar equipment, such as medical linear accelerator or diagnostic equipment (CT, PET, or MRI scanners).
- Experience in a compliance-oriented and highly regulated environment.
- Proven ability to diagnose and resolve problems on complex electro-mechanical devices, using highly sophisticated software, at clinical sites.
- Proficient in the use of test equipment and hand tools including oscilloscopes, multimeters, and electrical safety testers.
- Good computer and software skills, such as working knowledge of MS Windows and Linux operating systems and control systems networking.
- Ability to learn new software tools quickly.
Company Benefits and Perks – What you will love about us!
All positions at RefleXion are eligible to receive the same benefits, listed here. We also want to highlight the following perks that add to our collaborative and team-work company culture. As we continue to grow as a company, we strive to have these benefits and perks grow with us – we are so excited for what is in store!
- The opportunity to work with a passionate, driven team in a pre-IPO start-up environment
- Competitive compensation and stock option package
- Medical (both HMO and PPO options), Dental and Vision
- Health Savings Account (HSA), Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account (DCFSA)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- 3 Weeks/Year PTO Accrual rate to start
- Employer paid Life Insurance
- RefleXion Benefit Hub – for company exclusive discounts and deals on a variety of sites and items
- Daily on-site lunches
- Kitchens filled with a variety of healthy and delicious snacks and drinks – including espresso and soda machines!
- Company culture building events such as Coffee Chats with the Executives, Friday Afternoon Ice Cream Socials and monthly Book Club
- On-site mobile car wash services weekly
- Electric car charging stations on site