Facilities Maintenance Mechanic – 1st shift
Tris Pharma, Inc. (www.trispharma.com) is a leading privately-owned biopharmaceutical company in the U.S. with a focus on development and commercialization of innovative medicines that address unmet patient needs. We have more than 150 US and International patents including applications and have marketed several branded and generic products in the U.S., have licensed our products in the US and international markets, and have a robust pipeline of innovative products spanning neuroscience and other therapeutic categories employing our proprietary science and technology.
Our science and technology make us unique, but it is our team members that set us apart; they are the engine that fuels Tris’ passion and innovation. Tris colleagues understand the criticality of operating a successful business and take pride in the company’s success. But of equal importance to each member of the team is how we interact with one another on a daily basis. We believe in each other and we believe in respectful, open and honest communications to help support individual and team success.
Our Facilities Engineering department located in our Monmouth Junction, NJ headquarters has an immediate need for an experienced Facilities Maintenance Mechanic I for 1st shift.
The Facilities Maintenance Mechanic I is responsible for Maintenance and Operations support, including but not limited to: maintenance, troubleshooting, repair, and upgrade of Facilities and Production equipment in order to meet customer requirements including deadlines and quality in accordance to Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMPs) and Food and Drug Administration (FDA) standards.
• Performs routine and complex work related to the troubleshooting, repair, and upgrade of manufacturing equipment; Responsible for the preventive maintenance (PM), repair and continuous improvement of facilities and manufacturing equipment
• Assists in performing root cause analysis on equipment failures to support investigations
• Possesses working knowledge of the Facilities and Production equipment and Production processes in designated areas; Possesses working knowledge of electrical, pneumatic and hydraulic systems
• Precisely follows work orders and specifications
• Adheres to all plant safety policies and procedures
• Works extra hours or weekends as required by management to meet the demands of the schedule
Special knowledge or skills needed and/or licenses or certificates REQUIRED
High school diploma or equivalent AND minimum 3 years experience as a maintenance/mechanic or related specialty working in a cGMP regulated environment in a pharmaceutical or biotechnology facilities, consumer products, packaging and/or manufacturing department(s) REQUIRED
• Formal training from a technical school in machining, welding or metal fabrication REQUIRED
• Working knowledge of good manufacturing systems and familiarity with regulatory and manufacturing SOPs and cGMPs REQUIRED
• Demonstrated ability to read and interpret documents such as safety and environmental policies, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals, etc. REQUIRED
• Excellent verbal and written communication and skills REQUIRED
Manufacturing based position
Ability to lift up to 50 lbs
Ability to use Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
Ability to stand for extended periods
Tris Pharma, Inc. offers a highly competitive compensation and benefits package. To build and enhance our diverse workforce, we encourage applications from individuals with disabilities, minorities, veterans, women, LGBTQ, etc. Tris Pharma, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. #LI-DNI