The Technical Trainer will work within the Partner Services Team of Dovel Technologies, a company that supports Federal Grants Management solutions to more than 10 Cabinet Level and Independent Federal agencies through the GrantSolutions Center of Excellence (www.GrantSolutions.gov). The Trainer will be heavily involved in training and supporting end users across 1,500 national grant programs served by the GrantSolutions platform, which consists of more than eight different software modules.
The person in this position will be responsible for equipping end users with the knowledge and skills needed to successfully use the software in support of the agency mission.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist in the development of a training curriculum
- Conduct training to end users on Federal Enterprise Grants Management software, including web-based and classroom based training
- Work as part of an integrated team
- Create and maintain training collateral, including handouts, job-aids, and videos
- Monitor and review the progress of trainees through questionnaires, surveys, and follow-ups with management
- Evaluate effectiveness of training and work towards consistent improvement to the training program
- Provide support to end users by email, phone, chat, or face-to-face meetings
- Log user issues in a tracking tool and ensure that high-level, responsive service is consistently delivered to clients
Determine operational objectives by studying business functions; gathering information; evaluating output requirements and formats.
Must be able to obtain and maintain a Public Trust Clearance
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent and 4 to 5 years of experience in a training capacity
- Position may require up to 10% domestic travel
- Instructional design
- Familiarity with SCORM and Section 508
- MS Office
- Web based and classroom training experience
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Confident when interfacing with clients
- Comfortable working in front of a classroom / group
- Understanding of e-learning techniques
- Willingness to embrace technology and tools used to deliver high level service
- Comfortable working with technology, including web based systems and Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of Federal Grants Business process a plus
- Knowledge of Federal Enterprise Grants Management systems a plus
- ATSD / ATD or other relevant certification strongly preferred
Must be able to obtain and maintain a Public Trust
- Customer services experience
- Documentation experience
Developed Computer Based Training
The proposed salary range for this position is $70-82K. . Final salary will be determined based on various factors such as geography, experience, certifications, etc.
Dovel Technologies and its Family of Companies (Medical Science & Computing and Ace Info Solutions) was acquired in October 2021.
Guidehouse is a leading global provider of consulting services to the public sector and commercial markets, with broad capabilities in management, technology, and risk consulting. By combining our public and private sector expertise, we help clients address their most complex challenges and navigate significant regulatory pressures focusing on transformational change, business resiliency, and technology-driven innovation. Across a range of advisory, consulting, outsourcing, and digital services, we create scalable, innovative solutions that help our clients outwit complexity and position them for future growth and success. The company has more than 12,000 professionals in over 50 locations globally. Guidehouse is a Veritas Capital portfolio company, led by seasoned professionals with proven and diverse expertise in traditional and emerging technologies, markets, and agenda-setting issues driving national and global economies.
Guidehouse is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, age, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.
Guidehouse will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law or ordinance, including the Fair Chance Ordinance of Los Angeles and San Francisco.
If you have visited our website for information about employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require accommodation, please contact Guidehouse Recruiting at 1-571-633-1711 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@guidehouse.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodation.
Guidehouse does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of Guidehouse, and Guidehouse will not be obligated to pay a placement fee.