Administrative Coordinator Research and Seattle Site
United States - Washington - Seattle
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gilead’s therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the company’s five core values. That’s because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossibleFor Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site
to apply for this job.Job Description
We are seeking an exceptionally organized, motivated, and professional individual to provide administrative support to the Executive Director of Medicinal Chemistry and Seattle Site Head and the Seattle Leadership Team. There will also be need for cross-functional support within Research. The position is based in Seattle, WA.Specific Job Requirements
- Prepare and distribute agenda and meeting minutes for Seattle Leadership Team
- Prepare PO's, process invoices, manage lifecycles of PO's and invoices using specialized OIMS assistance
- Coordinate consulting agreements and other contracts with Legal and Development Business Operations
- Prioritize meetings/candidates for various meetings
- Schedule and coordinate team meetings, skip-levels, trainings and workshops
- Manage Research visits from Foster City Team; shuttle arrangements; scheduling hoteling offices; booking conference rooms and catering
- Manage presentation materials for various departmental and team meetings for the site including minutes
- Strategize, craft, and disseminate internal communications for day-to-day team operations (e.g., changes in policies, processes, department and site reminders, etc.) editing for grammar and formatting
- Prepare expenses, travel, and purchasing for Site Head and other Research team members
- Submit catering orders for on-campus meal-time meetings including set-up and clean-up
- Submit facilities requests (conference room set-up; office furniture requests; move requests, etc.)
- Act as primary interview and guest speaker scheduler for the Research department; create interview/visit schedules; coordinate with hiring managers or hosts to assess specific needs (they may vary)
- Organize travel arrangements and reimbursements for candidates and speakers as needed
- Day-of support for candidate or speaker seminars including preparation of equipment, materials, catering and escorting
- Prepare, format, and distribute reports, agendas and PowerPoint presentations
- Ensure that all work is completed with a high level of attention to detail and accuracy
- Establish and foster positive interpersonal interactions and a professional network with Administrative Coordinators, Research colleagues and external partners in a tactful and professional manner
- Provide back-up support to other Administrative Coordinators (i.e., vacations, illness, medical leave, etc.) as needed
- Requires a minimum of a high school diploma plus 3-5+ years administrative experience. Associates Degree or higher preferred
- Demonstrate effective verbal, written, and interpersonal skills
- Proven knowledge and understanding of administrative and office policies and procedures. Customer service skills are required
- Demonstrate high level of proficiency with Outlook, PowerPoint, Word, and Excel
- Must also possess good proofreading and editing skills
- Experience with collaborating and working with a team are vital
- Ability to take direction on new lines of work or special assignments and work independently with minimal supervision
- Knowledge of or familiarity with Legal processes and Accounting is helpful. An approachable demeanor and ability to exercise sound judgment and discretion regarding sensitive/confidential and proprietary information is essential
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact email@example.com
for assistance.Following extensive monitoring, research, consideration of business implications and advice from internal and external experts, Gilead has made the decision to require all U.S., Canada, Australia, Singapore, and Hong Kong employees and contractors to receive the COVID-19 vaccines as a condition of employment. “Full vaccination” is defined as two weeks after both doses of a two-dose vaccine or two weeks since a single-dose vaccine has been administered. Anyone unable to be vaccinated, either because of a sincerely held religious belief or a medical condition or disability that prevents them from being vaccinated, can request a reasonable accommodation.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the 'EEO is the Law'
poster.NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACTYOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACTPAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site
to apply for this job.