Why Patients Need You
Technology impacts everything we do. Pfizer’s digital and ‘data first’ strategy focuses on implementing impactful and innovative technology solutions across all functions from research to manufacturing. Whether you are digitizing drug discovery and development, identifying solutions, or making our work easier and faster, you will be making a difference to countless lives.
What You Will Achieve
The Enterprise Data Solutions and Engineering (EDSE), a Pfizer Digital organization, is responsible for the development and management of all data and analytics tools and platforms across the enterprise – from global product development, to manufacturing, to point of patient care across over 100+ countries. One of the team’s top priorities is the development of data products which will serve as the engine for the company’s digital transformation to bring innovative therapeutics to patients.
As a senior member of EDSE’s Commercial and Real-World Data (RWD) team, the EDSE Global Data Planning, Innovation, and Acquisition Lead is a transformative, collaborative, visionary, and inspirational leader with deep expertise, a passion for coaching, leading and inspiring teams to solve for tomorrow’s business challenges by building a data driven culture. This role works to identify, acquire, and optimize novel external data assets that are fit for business purpose and increase the possibility of use. This role will be working in a multi-faceted, fast paced, cross-functional environment interfacing with both external vendors and internal business partners.
This is a highly visible an influential role responsible for engaging with partners in Commercial, Medical, RWE, Global Epidemiology, HEOR and other functional team to identify external data, including Real-World data opportunities to advance the business strategies. This includes surveillance of public, syndicated, partner, and RWD data trends that may facilitate the development of innovative analytics opportunities. This role will have advanced understanding of the inner workings of the commercial, medical, and real-world evidence/outcomes where the full data assets portfolio is leveraged to fuel insights and evidence generation that have direct impact to patients, healthcare professional partners, and therapies. This role will work with business and digital leadership at the VP/Country Manager level and below globally to understand the need for data and apply the novel data assets to accelerate the speed to insights. In addition, the role will be responsible for coordination of data assets to optimize the efficiency of data investments.
Reporting to the Sr. Director, EDSE Commercial and Real-World Data, this role will be responsible for delivering business intelligence, analytical and data related products to the US and Global.
- Strategically Partner with Vice Presidents, Sr. Directors and Directors of Business, Analytics and Digital to identify novel and innovative data assets to support functional and enterprise initiatives.
- Influence and provide advisory to senior business leaders and department heads on the application of data to accelerate and optimize on the business outcomes and patient care.
- Engage with cross-functional stakeholders and vendors in sourcing of public, syndicated, RWD, and partner data; Starting from data evaluation, feasibility, pilot and thru deployment.
- Maintain knowledge of industry leading and emerging data innovations and analytics methodologies/trends with a practical mindset to translate into use cases in support of Commercial, Medical, GPD, and PHI functions.
- Require a broad understanding of the business, the strategic direction and related business needs which will further assist the business and digital client partners in identifying and delivering new data and reporting capabilities.
- Directly responsible for cross-team collaboration initiatives that ensure EDSE and its partners are leveraging data technologies and business intelligence products to the fullest.
- Advanced understanding and application of all types of Biopharmaceutical data used in service of Commercial, Medical, Real-World Evidence, and Product Development.
- Provide leadership and guidance on the Commercial / RWD data acquisition plans, Global portfolio and vendor management
- Partner with procurement on data contracts and sourcing activities, including quality of deliverables and internal questions on data integrity and completeness
- Be a thought-leader internally within Pfizer and outside of Pfizer thru the participation in industry and functional share groups to monitor data management and analytics trends and changes taking place in the market.
- Drive best practices globally and world-class product capabilities.
- Lead the growth and development of directors, senior managers, managers, and associates.
- Establish a culture of high performance, transparency, and continuous improvement.
- Demonstrate outstanding collaboration and operational excellence.
- 10+ years of strong multi-discipline experience, with a preference for experience in technology strategy and management, management consulting and product engineering.
- Bachelor’s degree required, advanced degree strongly preferred, with preference for advanced degree holders with a focus in strategy Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering or equivalent project-related experience.
- 10+ years of related work experience as an established strategic thinker anchored in data and analytics with business acumen and a proven track record of successfully delivering projects and outcomes.
- 10+ years in managing 3rd party healthcare industry data and co-promote data contracts and partnerships.
- Experiences in managing and tracking of a portfolio of data contracts over $50M+
- Anticipate emerging data needs and capabilities that have the potential to accelerate and transform insights and evidence generation.
- Educate internal teams and increase the awareness of all purchased data across the organization, its applications, and potential uses in generating meaningful insights.
- Must have strong technical skills, ideally from a hands-on engineering / IT background and ability to leverage this experience to define and deliver projects in an agile environment leading to faster, better, and cost-effective outcomes.
- Must be willing to wear many hats and demonstrate cross-functional end-to-end leadership, from strategic thinking and project planning to budget management to resource allocation.
- Must show the ability to interact and influence all level of a large digital and business organizations.
- Exceptional verbal, written communication, and organizational skills, along with interpersonal skills that allow for collaboration across a diverse group of people.
- Master's degree
- Relevant pharmaceutical industry experience
- Life sciences and Enterprise Resource Planning experience
Candidate demonstrates a breadth of diverse leadership experiences and capabilities including: the ability to influence and collaborate with peers, develop and coach others, oversee and guide the work of other colleagues to achieve meaningful outcomes and create business impact.
Work Location Assignment:Flexible
Last Date to Apply for Job: 9/29/2022
Relocation assistance may be available based on business needs and/or eligibility.
Pfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider’s name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.
EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Information & Business Tech