The Director, HEOR Value & Evidence for the COVID-19 Vaccine will report to and support the mRNA Vaccines Value & Evidence Team Lead. This role will lead the development and execution of high-quality strategies to achieve optimal reimbursement and access.
The Director will be part of the Patient and Health Impact (PHI) team, and will collaborate with our Value and Access (V&A), real-world evidence, medical, and commercial stakeholders at every stage of development through launch to ensure there is a single and coordinated view on strategy and delivery from PHI to the business. As a strategic partner this role will be focused on generating and communicating robust evidence demonstrating the value of Pfizer’s vaccine portfolio to internal and external stakeholders, with a focus on the US market.
- Lead development and execution of strategic HEOR (Health Economic & Outcomes Research) activities to support launch preparation for COVID-19 Vaccine, with a focus on the US market:
- Maintain awareness of scientific developments, new and innovative methodologies, and trends in the evolving healthcare landscape to ensure incorporation into medical strategy and research plans
- Lead development of HEOR and evidence generation strategy to quantify unmet medical need to demonstrate the value of the COVID-19 vaccine, in collaboration with medical, V&A, and Glocal markets.
- Generate HEOR deliverables needed for clinical development, regulatory interactions, and internal governance milestones
- Lead development of value propositions for payers, policymakers, healthcare providers, consumers, and other stakeholders.
- Support pull-through of customer facing materials
- Collaborate with medical and cross-functional teams to prioritize commercial and payor needs
- Identify and recommend RWE and HCEI studies covering brand needs
- Support marketing and access teams with implementation of RWE data and messaging across meetings and materials
- Oversee development of launch ready tools and health economic models to explain the value of assets to stakeholders:
- Collaborate with internal asset teams and external experts on the conception, design, specification, and format of health economic models
- Lead quality assurance and stress testing of economic models, as well as comparisons with other published modeling efforts
- Prepare and deliver presentations and reports communicating health economic results to various stakeholders
- Lead the design, implementation, and management of HEOR and real-world evidence studies from concept through publication:
- Generate new evidence to measure burden of disease (disease incidence, treatment patterns, costing, etc.) using real world data and other data sources
- Incorporate humanistic and economic endpoints into product development
- Execute and manage research projects with external collaborators and vendors to ensure timely completion and quality of deliverables as well as budget and legal compliance
- Generate peer-reviewed publications to communicate study findings in scientific channels in alignment with the product publication strategy
- Provide expertise and insights to support internal efforts on evaluation of new business opportunities
The Value & Evidence Director will also be expected to:
- Set the ambition and vision for value-based access to medicines
- Develop effective processes and ways of working to support collaboration with key internal stakeholder groups (e.g.; medical, clinical development, commercial, etc.)
- Identify new opportunities for value creation based on an understanding of health care systems and the potential benefits of Pfizer medicines
- Support development of innovative approaches to evidence generation that meet payer needs and integrate these with the needs of other customers
- Prepare for value story and cost effectiveness modeling content to support vaccine technical committee recommendations
Candidate demonstrates a breadth of diverse leadership experiences and capabilities including: the ability to influence and collaborate with peers, develop and coach others, oversee and guide the work of other colleagues to achieve meaningful outcomes and create business impact.
- Minimum of 7 years of experience with PhD/PharmD; minimum of 9 years of experience with MS/MPH in HEOR or relevant related fields (i.e., health economics, epidemiology, health services research, or other research-focused public health field)
- Demonstrated expert understanding of fundamental health services research methods and tools including but not limited to:
- Health economics
- Cost-effectiveness / budgetary impact modeling
- Patient reported outcomes measures
- Real world evidence studies
- Direct experience with HEOR projects in the US
- Direct experience in external pull-through of customer-facing materials with US customers, with a focus on payors
- Strong interpersonal skills and evidence of teamwork in a matrix environment
- Ability to understand, synthesize, and summarize complex topics is required
- Excellent oral and written English communication skills are required
- Demonstrated ability to assess anticipated value for projects/programs to ensure alignment to business priorities and prioritize accordingly
- An “execution mindset” focused on getting things done quickly and simply
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects involving complex processes, significant budget, competing deadlines, and rapidly shifting priorities in a compliant manner
- Knowledge and understanding of drug development process
- Knowledge and experience in vaccines is strongly preferred
- Knowledge of COVID-19 TA preferred
- Experience with HTA organizations such as NICE, CADTH, ICER and other HTA groups
- Proven ability to develop strong partnerships across multiple functions within a large group/company
- Executive presence and ability to independently engage all levels of stakeholders within all levels of the organization
Other Job Details:
- Last Date to Apply for Job : 09/30/2022
- Eligible for employee referral bonus
- Candidates based in NY or NJ are preferred
Relocation assistance may be available based on business needs and/or eligibility.
Pfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider’s name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.
EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.