The Associate Director, Human Capital Research & Insights will be responsible for designing, leading, and explaining analytical research to AbbVie business questions in the people analytics space. This role will (1) manage AbbVie’s internal HR research portfolio and (2) harness the power of AbbVie people data to not only measure, analyze and draw insights about our talent, but also predict trends and organizational needs. The role will be embedded within the Human Capital Strategy team and will adhere to all applicable standard operating procedures (SOPs) with respect to the handling and use of data related to AbbVie employees. The individual will work closely with stakeholders - including Human Capital Analytics and Human Resources leadership - to develop and execute analytics to address defined business questions.
Core Job Responsibilities:
- Work with stakeholders to define business questions, requirements, timelines, objectives, and success criteria.
- Identify new data sources and metrics needed to evolve AbbVie’s HR data acumen and sophistication.
- Use appropriate external benchmarks for workforce metrics and key performance indicators that are linked to business results.
- Examine relevant data and quickly develop an analytics plan that will answer key business questions and create value for clients.
- Transform employee data into insightful summaries that address the business question, including both structured and unstructured data.
- Develop analytical solutions by using and applying appropriate methodology – including, but not limited to, regression, forecasting, clustering, decision trees, simulation, optimization, machine learning, and neural networks.
- Design systems and approach to operationalize models for machine learning.
- Strong problem solving and interpersonal skills and ability to work as part of a diverse team.
- Bring a strong entrepreneurial spirit and ability to think dynamically.
- Experience leveraging People/Talent ATS and HRIS system data (e.g., Workday and Taleo) required.
- Ability to summarize complex research into easy-to-understand insights while influencing stakeholders to maximize impact of research findings.
- Project management experience; solid attention to detail and operational focus.
- Bachelor's degree required in quantitative fields such as Statistics, Engineering, Operations Research, Computer Science or Economics. Master's or PhD preferred.
- 7+ years’ progressive business experiences in people analytics, marketing analytics, data analysis, data engineering and predictive modeling.
- Strong algorithmic design skills. Execute analytical experiments methodically while outputting reproducible research.
- Demonstrated expertise in data visualization and advanced statistical tools such as Python, R, or BI tools (e.g., PowerBI, Qliksense).