We are currently searching for a Flow Cytometry Specialist to provide support to the National Institutes of Health (NIH). This opportunity is a full-time position with MSC and it is onsite in Bethesda, MD.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Perform independent flow cytometric cell sorting of research scientist-supplied samples.
- Assist in the daily maintenance of flow cytometers.
- Calibrate, maintain, and conduct quality control procedures of the cell sorter and flow cytometers.
- Contribute to the development of applications for the cell analysis and sorting including participation in panel design.
- Handle data storage, archival, and hard copy output when relevant.
- Responsible for modifications and adjustment of instrument parameters and will identify control samples, according to experimental requirements.
- Establish and maintain record keeping systems of instrument parameters, computer data backups and instrument usage.
- Prepare reports of instrument usage by personnel and quality control information.
- Review current flow cytometry literature and attend meetings/seminars for improved methodologies and quality control procedures.
- Provide additional technical support and troubleshoot instrument or computer problems as they arise.
- Assists in inventory of all reagents and supplies used in the flow cytometry laboratory.
- Minimum of two (2) years hands-on experience as a flow cytometer operator with a B.S. or M.S. in Biology or related scientific field.
- Basic understanding of optics and electronics.
- Prior experience monitoring variables that affect the quality of flow cytometric analysis and skill in evaluating and interpreting the results of quality control procedures and implementing corrective action where indicated.
- Knowledge of biology and scientific approach in order to perform the full range of duties related to experimental protocol and the use of the cytometer to design experiments for original research.
- Ability to perform work accurately and pay attention to details
- Thorough knowledge of regulations, policies, and guidelines related to biohazard constraints and the handling of biological materials, infectious agents, chemicals, radioactive materials, etc.
- Computer literacy required.
- Ability to use critical thinking skills to effectively problem-solve and deliver service.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, experience communicating with peers and management of a scientific nature.
Dovel Technologies and its Family of Companies (Medical Science & Computing and Ace Info Solutions) was acquired in October 2021.
Guidehouse is a leading global provider of consulting services to the public sector and commercial markets, with broad capabilities in management, technology, and risk consulting. By combining our public and private sector expertise, we help clients address their most complex challenges and navigate significant regulatory pressures focusing on transformational change, business resiliency, and technology-driven innovation. Across a range of advisory, consulting, outsourcing, and digital services, we create scalable, innovative solutions that help our clients outwit complexity and position them for future growth and success. The company has more than 12,000 professionals in over 50 locations globally. Guidehouse is a Veritas Capital portfolio company, led by seasoned professionals with proven and diverse expertise in traditional and emerging technologies, markets, and agenda-setting issues driving national and global economies.
Guidehouse is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, age, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.
Guidehouse will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law or ordinance, including the Fair Chance Ordinance of Los Angeles and San Francisco.
If you have visited our website for information about employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require accommodation, please contact Guidehouse Recruiting at 1-571-633-1711 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@guidehouse.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodation.
Guidehouse does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of Guidehouse, and Guidehouse will not be obligated to pay a placement fee.