We are currently searching for an Operations Coordinator to support the administrative needs of the branch. This opportunity is full-time, and it is on site in Rockville, MD.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Use day-to-day observations and analysis of work processes to evaluate program operations; anticipate potential problems; identify existing problems and inefficiency; develop recommended solutions
- Review and update policy; fix broken links; address system issues; take suggestions from administrative staff regarding the layout of websites and the overall staff satisfaction with its content
- Gather, compile, analyze and evaluate data for performance management goals; implement solutions to drive continuous improvement of business processes
- Participate in developmental activities involving studies and analysis of internal administrative operations, organizations, or management to achieve greater economy and efficiency
- Coordinate the preparation of a variety of items such as travel requests, professional service orders, requests for sponsored travel (Form 348), outside activities (Form 520), official duty memoranda, leave authorizations, training requests, individual/mass mailings, correspondence, reports, and various forms.
- Maintain SOPs, guidance documents or instructions associated with the programs and systems used in the organization.
- Provide administrative, procedural, and informational resource support; work with staff to coordinate program workflow.
- Work with staff on proofreading, recommending, interpreting, and/or implementing internal administrative policies and procedures.
- Ensure that all necessary documentation is prepared and that signatures, approvals, clearances are obtained for recruitment/appointment of professional, technical, and support staff, renewal/extension of appointments, reassignments, pay increases/adjustments, separation/termination, etc.
- Coordinate meetings, workshops, and courses for staff; schedule conference rooms.
- Coordinate meeting planning and logistical arrangements, including room and audiovisual reservations, WebEx, and other remote connection arrangements; prepare and transmit agendas and relevant materials; contact and communicate with participants; prepare and distribute meeting minutes.
- Produce a wide range of documents; address a variety of office needs which may include word processing, information management, report preparation, publications, information gathering, communication, etc.
- Update and develop content for web sites, newsletter, and other formats of communication, and monitor for currency and accuracy of information.
- Prepare and route personnel packages for onboarding, transfer, promotions, terminations, including processing of credentialing packages
- Coordinate and process equipment and office supply order requests; serve as the point of contact in the administration of all maintenance contracts for office equipment
- Organize, coordinate, and administer the administrative components of the assigned servicing area; collaborate with program officials and administrative offices
- Collaborate with HR, supervisors, and staff on workforce development, payroll and performance issues and employee actions
- Serve as contact on personnel issues within the Office; advise staff on appropriate appointment mechanisms and recruitment tools as applicable to meet the requirements of specific situations
- Coordinate, track, and act as liaison for human resource activities, issues, and functions
- Prepare SOPs and review for accuracy; maintain knowledge of current regulations, policies, and procedures concerning general administration, organization, procurement, travel, personnel, etc.
- Provide information to program staff on policies and procedures for government travelers and invited guests
- Monitor compliance with program policies and procedures; identify strategies to ensure that program and contractual compliance is maintained
- Review all personnel packages and advise program personnel on HR regulations and policies
- Set up and format spreadsheets to analyze information
- Maintain tracking systems; use records management system to ensure proper filing, accountability, storage, and retrieval of files
- Assemble and summarize data, background information and other materials from source materials or automated systems
- Maintain databases for tracking, analyzing, and reporting of all activities including professional activities, travel, and project management
- Prepare all documents required for new appointments, renewals and terminations including all documents needed for visas
- Prepare documents and enter information into administrative systems in the areas of recruitment of new staff, time and attendance, accessions, and separations
- Prepare selected components of HR packages, awards and justifications for incentives documents including recruitment, relocation, and retention incentives
- Maintain contacts database; update/maintain calendars and shared calendars for multiple staff members
- Develop, update, and maintain spreadsheets to analyze information, including personnel, budget, travel, and training; develop budget proposals; monitor expenditures; create summaries and report based on information; oversee administrative reference documents such as staff schedules, tours of duty, contact information, budget tracking, etc.; upload, organize, and maintain information on SharePoint
- Maintain office records including office procurements and reimbursement procedures
- Serve as property custodian to staff for Division; issue annual personal property passes; maintain and track all property in the assigned office
- Prepare requisitions for purchase of office supplies and miscellaneous items; maintain office records including office procurements and reimbursement procedures
- Enter requests for office supplies using POTS
- Inventory office supplies and equipment; prepare and process purchase requests and maintenance agreements
- Process and track order requests using government systems (i.e., POTS) on behalf of branch staff
- Oversee management and control of federal property from acquisition to disposal; use the NBS Sunflower Property System to support property management activities
- Manage office records and spreadsheets including office procurements, reimbursements, and property
- Maintain space utilization records, inventoried and projections; compile, organize and analyze necessary associated materials
- Prepare and track requests and justifications for the purchase of materials, supplies and office equipment; follow up on purchase and procurement requests; review receiving documentation and reconcile all receiving problems; maintain records and spreadsheets of all requests
- Coordinate staff responses to data calls from the Office of the Director
- Coordinate all administrative aspects of special projects
- Bachelor’s degree in Community and Public Health, Miscellaneous Business & Medical Administration, or related discipline
- At least five (5) years of specialized experience
- Travel planning
- Meeting coordination
- MS Office
Dovel Technologies and its Family of Companies (Medical Science & Computing and Ace Info Solutions) was acquired in October 2021.
Guidehouse is a leading global provider of consulting services to the public sector and commercial markets, with broad capabilities in management, technology, and risk consulting. By combining our public and private sector expertise, we help clients address their most complex challenges and navigate significant regulatory pressures focusing on transformational change, business resiliency, and technology-driven innovation. Across a range of advisory, consulting, outsourcing, and digital services, we create scalable, innovative solutions that help our clients outwit complexity and position them for future growth and success. The company has more than 12,000 professionals in over 50 locations globally. Guidehouse is a Veritas Capital portfolio company, led by seasoned professionals with proven and diverse expertise in traditional and emerging technologies, markets, and agenda-setting issues driving national and global economies.
Guidehouse is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, age, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.
Guidehouse will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law or ordinance, including the Fair Chance Ordinance of Los Angeles and San Francisco.
If you have visited our website for information about employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require accommodation, please contact Guidehouse Recruiting at 1-571-633-1711 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@guidehouse.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodation.
Guidehouse does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of Guidehouse, and Guidehouse will not be obligated to pay a placement fee.