As a member of the Barry-Wehmiller family of companies, CARR Centritech has been an industry leader in centrifugation for more than three decades. Today, CARR Biosystems continues that pioneering legacy by delivering high-performance, fully-scalable bioprocessing solutions to accelerate process development. Our mission is to advance life-saving and life-enhancing solutions worldwide by supplying the best bioprocessing equipment on the market. In the process, we empower scientists and engineers to produce vital biologics in emerging and established markets, including cell and gene therapy, vaccine development, microbial fermentation and cellular agriculture. For more, visit carrbiosystems.com.
Barry-Wehmiller is a diversified global supplier of engineering consulting and manufacturing technology for the packaging, corrugating, sheeting and paper-converting industries. By blending people-centric leadership with disciplined operational strategies and purpose-driven growth, Barry-Wehmiller has become a $3 billion organization with nearly 12,000 team members united by a common belief: to use the power of business to build a better world.
This position is for a highly motivated automation engineer that is focused on electrical design, programming, and machine building workflow for machines that are delivered to customers around the world. Machines are built to location that the machine will be put in service with the required regulatory compliance built in the design.
- Electrical Design and Programming of CARR Centritech Separation Systems, at our factory in Clearwater and at various customer sites all over the world with standardized FAT and SAT methods.
- Site visits mainly focused on one to two-week SAT installation qualifications.
- Interface with Engineering, Manufacturing, Customers, Sales, and Project Management utilizing good communication skills.
- Ability to layout, draft, design, and support electrical schematics, assemblies, and field integration CAD.
- Thorough understanding of electrical schematics, machine wiring regulations, control panel layouts, variable frequency drives/motors, PLC’s, and HMI’s is required.
- Knowledge of individual country electrical norms for CE self-declaration desired.
- Knowledge of usULca 508A, 698A and UL1203 requirements desired.
- Knowledge of Electrical Safety Authority - CSA requirements desired.
- Knowledge of NFPA and ATEX standards for hazardous location installations desired.
- Knowledge of AutoCAD Electrical CAD software. Utilization of mechanical drawings with P&ID schematics for controls designs.
- Knowledge of Rockwell Automation Logix PLC’s and FactoryTalk View ME/SE and Studio 5000 programming software is required. Experience with Siemens S7 PLC’s and Siemens TIA Portal programming software is a plus.
- Knowledge of Ethernet I/P, OPC UA, Modbus TCP communication protocols for equipment and remote I/O required.
- Experience setting up Variable Frequency Drives/Servos (Rockwell Automation, Danfoss & Siemens).
- Familiarity with the latest machine safety standards and various machine networking systems (EtherNet/IP, Profibus, Profinet, ASi).
- Experience with automated systems utilizing servo systems is a plus; such as Yaskawa Siemens, B&R, Rockwell Automation Kinetix, and Elau.
- 2 to 8 years related experience with an OEM Manufacturer or equivalent in Machine Design. PLC & HMI Programming Experience –Rockwell Factory Talk Services Platform and Studio 5000, Firmware update and revision Control. Knowledge of NFPA 70E. Excellent communication skills U.S. Passport & ability to travel worldwide approximately 10% to 15%
- For customer SAT and service where needed. English language skills required. Must work well in a team environment
- Bachelors of Science in Electrical Engineering from accredited University
At Barry-Wehmiller we recognize that people come with a wealth of experience and talent beyond just the technical requirements of a job. If your experience is close to what you see listed here, please still consider applying. We know that our differences often can bring about innovation, excellence and meaningful work—therefore, people from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply to our positions. Please let us know if you require reasonable accommodations during the interview process.
Barry-Wehmiller is an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V This organization uses E-Verify.
Applicants may be subject to pre-employment screening which may include drug screening, reference checks, employment verifications, background screening and/or skills assessments.