As a member of the Barry-Wehmiller family of companies, CARR Centritech has been an industry leader in centrifugation for more than three decades. Today, CARR Biosystems continues that pioneering legacy by delivering high-performance, fully-scalable bioprocessing solutions to accelerate process development. Our mission is to advance life-saving and life-enhancing solutions worldwide by supplying the best bioprocessing equipment on the market. In the process, we empower scientists and engineers to produce vital biologics in emerging and established markets, including cell and gene therapy, vaccine development, microbial fermentation and cellular agriculture. For more, visit carrbiosystems.com.
Barry-Wehmiller is a diversified global supplier of engineering consulting and manufacturing technology for the packaging, corrugating, sheeting and paper-converting industries. By blending people-centric leadership with disciplined operational strategies and purpose-driven growth, Barry-Wehmiller has become a $3 billion organization with nearly 12,000 team members united by a common belief: to use the power of business to build a better world.
At Barry-Wehmiller, we measure success by the way we touch the lives of people. We are looking for a highly motivated, dynamic Finance leader to help us establish and grow the future of our bioprocessing equipment business. If you have a propensity for growing a financially sustainable business, enabling leaders with data based insights, creating business plans that include enabling investments and delivering results for both our customers and shareholders, this could be the role for you!
You are a fit for this role if you:
- Enjoy providing evaluative counsel on business decision-making
- Have a track record in establishing and maintaining relationships with other functional leaders
- Believe in building sound business cases and enjoy driving the returns assumed within
- Can establish a vision for long-term financial performance and drive the creation of plans to achieve it.
- Thrive in leading, coaching, and developing team members towards more efficient and effective financial processes, performance metrics, and business analytics
- Have experience serving in the primary support role for merger and acquisition activity
- Support the effective use of data and analytics
- Build controllership mindsets in processes that drive business results
- Continually challenge and improve existing processes and practices
- Consistently drive strategy through execution-based behaviors in all aspects of your role
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record in three areas:
Organizational and Business leadership. You have built enduring relationships at all levels of an organization, served as a trusted advisor, and developed successful growth strategies. You have led finance and non-finance teams to prioritize investments and deliver both short- and long-term results. Team development. You have built a strong, performance-driven finance team that can deliver results with financial integrity at its core. Strong controllership and analytical mindset. You have created sustainable, scalable, and repeatable processes that support solid financial controls and business growth.
The following will also differentiate top candidates:
- At least 15 years of experience in Finance; with progressive career advancement to include strong financial leadership experience
- Advanced or expert level of proficiency in Microsoft Office, specifically Excel and PowerPoint. Ability to build complex, dynamic financial models for M&A, valuation, and project ROI.
- Experience in building business cases to support investments and a track record for realizing returns
- Entrepreneurial spirit, underpinned by rigorous and methodical financial discipline and analysis
- Strong change management skills and experience.
- Experience in the BioPharma space; specifically capital equipment and related consumable placements
- Strong working knowledge of general accounting principles (US GAAP and IFRS), effective business processes, and business intelligence that can be applied cross-functionally.
- Executive presence and strong interpersonal skills
- Bachelor's degree in finance, accounting, or other business-related disciplines
- MBA degree preferred and professional certifications are a plus
- Typically sits, grasps items, and performs keyboarding for regular operation of a computer
- Stand, walk, bend, reach or otherwise move about regularly
- Lift, move, or otherwise transfer items up to 30 lbs. occasionally
- Occasional exposure to typical machine shop physical hazards
- Periodic domestic and international travel will be required 20%-25%
About Our Culture
Be inspired. Be empowered. Be fulfilled. Become part of a company that truly cares about you!
Barry-Wehmiller is a place where you can realize your best self through the work that you do. But it’s also about how you’ll feel: welcomed, valued, trusted, challenged, heard and inspired. You’ll work alongside bright minds and purpose-driven leaders who’ll encourage you to dive right in, take the lead, use your initiative, and challenge the status quo. We are building an inclusive environment in which everyone, regardless of gender, race, religion, sexual orientation, age, or background, can do their best work. You’ll be surrounded by caring, passionate team members who share your values, commitment and desire to create a better business and better world.
At Barry-Wehmiller we recognize that people come with a wealth of experience and talent beyond just the technical requirements of a job. If your experience is close to what you see listed here, please still consider applying. We know that our differences often can bring about innovation, excellence and meaningful work—therefore, people from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply to our positions. Please let us know if you require reasonable accommodations during the interview process.
Barry-Wehmiller is an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V This organization uses E-Verify.
Applicants may be subject to pre-employment screening which may include drug screening, reference checks, employment verifications, background screening and/or skills assessments.