Q32 Bio is advancing an integrated portfolio of immunomodulatory therapies. With our protein-based molecules we aim to deliver life-changing treatments to patients suffering from diseases for which no or inadequate options exist.
The Scientist/Sr. Scientist, Pharmacology candidate should have a strong background in design and analysis of in vivo pharmacology studies. They will oversee preclinical research to understand mechanism of action, drug exposure, target engagement, and efficacy in animal models. The ideal candidate would have experience planning and running in vivo studies, both hands-on and through CROs. This candidate will join a highly productive research team and will have opportunities for visibility throughout the company, so good communication skills are critical.
- Design, execute, and analyze preclinical in vitro and in vivo pharmacology studies to support projects across Q32’s expanding drug pipeline
- Develop and execute endpoint assays in preclinical tissue samples, plasma/serum, and cell culture lysates.
- Collaborate with colleagues to solve interesting scientific challenges and to advance projects
- Document methods and data to support preparation of scientific and regulatory documents
- PhD in immunology, cell biology, or related area (1-2 years post-doctoral or industry experience preferred) OR MS plus 8-10 years industry experience in a discovery or preclinical biology role
- Experience with in vivo pharmacology models in rodents and/or primates (preferably inflammation and/or immunology). Experience managing in vivo studies through CROs is a plus
- Demonstrated experience developing assays and analyzing tissue, plasma/serum, and cell culture samples. Cell culture and/or flow cytometry experience is a plus
- Excellent lab skills and the ability to work independently to conduct and troubleshoot experiments and to analyze, interpret, and present data.
- Familiarity with tissue immunostaining method development/optimization, particularly with immunofluorescence would be a plus
- Strong oral and written communication skills and ability to work independently in a collaborative, multidisciplinary team
Q32 is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. We want and need all types of people to be at our best.
All employment decisions at Q32 Bio are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, genetic information, national origin, veteran, physical and/or mental disability, or family or parental status. If you think you have what it takes contact us, we want to meet you. If you have a disability or a need that requires an accommodation, please let us know.