AbbVie (NYSE:ABBV) is a global, research-based biopharmaceutical company with a mission to develop innovative therapies to address the world's most complex and serious diseases. AbbVie employs approximately 47,000 people worldwide and markets medicines in more than 175 countries.
The AbbVie portfolio consists of several marketed products in areas including eye care, immunology, oncology, virology, and women’s health as well as a pipeline containing multiple promising new molecules being studied in hundreds of clinical trials or advancing from Discovery into Development. AbbVie is a global organization with US research sites in Boston (Cambridge and Worcester, MA), Chicago (North Chicago, IL), and the San Francisco Bay Area (South San Francisco, CA). The biologics portfolio is comprised of diverse and tailored modalities including mono- and bispecific antibodies, antibody-drug conjugates, dual variable domain antibodies, antibody fragments, and other recombinant proteins as well as cell-based therapies.
The Drug Metabolism, Pharmacokinetics, and Bioanalysis (DMPK-BA) group is searching for an experienced project representative to provide biologics project support across all therapeutic areas for molecules in discovery and clinical development. The position requires close collaboration with Discovery and Development project teams, clinical pharmacology, and other stakeholders, developing and executing DMPK-BA and PK/PD strategies necessary to facilitate the advancement our pipeline.
- Bachelor with extensive experience (14+ years), Masters with substantial experience (12+ years), or Doctorate (Ph.D.) with at least 6 years of experience in the pharmaceutical or biotechnology industries
- Experience independently representing DMPK-BA on biologics project teams is required (expertise with novel modalities is preferred)
- Expertise with PK analysis of biologics and relevant data analysis software such as Phoenix/WinNonlin is required
- Familiarity with modeling software such as MATLAB/SimBiology, R, Python, or Berkeley Madonna is desired
- Understanding of biologics PK/PD modeling and analytical assays for measuring biologic molecules and biomarkers (including ligand binding and mass spectrometry assays) in preclinical study samples is desired
- Demonstrated scientific leadership including generating original scientific investigative strategies and guiding those efforts to an effective and productive outcome
- Recognized expert in his/her discipline
- Demonstrated publication or patent record; lead/senior author contributions a plus
- Ability to influence, negotiate and communicate effectively with both internal and external stakeholders; ability to work well in a collaborative fast-paced team environment
- Highly motivated, self-driven and results-oriented with excellent communication and presentation skills; capable of working both as team player and project driver
- High degree of flexibility in adapting to different projects and people; excellent networking and relationship-building (both internal and external) skills
- Passion for data analysis, solving technical problems and applying new technologies to further scientific goals
Key Leadership Competencies:
- Builds strong relationships with peers and cross-functionally with partners outside of team to enable higher performance
- Learns fast, grasps the "essence" and can change course quickly where indicated
- Raises the bar and is never satisfied with the status quo
- Creates a learning environment, open to suggestions and experimentation for improvement
- Embraces the ideas of others, nurtures innovation and manages innovation to reality