Legal Contracts Manager
We are seeking Legal Contracts Manager to join our Legal Team! In this position you will be responsible for the maintenance of the Legal Department’s contract repository and administration aspects of the Company’s contracting process. Your duties will also include drafting various standard agreements for review by department attorneys.
Good things are happening at Omeros!
Come and be a part of our Legal Team!
Who is Omeros?
Omeros is an innovative biopharmaceutical company committed to discovering, developing and commercializing small-molecule and protein therapeutics for large-market and orphan indications targeting inflammation, immunologic diseases (e.g., complement-mediated diseases) and cancers. Omeros’ lead MASP-2 inhibitor narsoplimab targets the lectin pathway of complement and is the subject of a biologics license application pending before FDA for the treatment of hematopoietic stem cell transplant-associated thrombotic microangiopathy. Narsoplimab is also in multiple late-stage clinical development programs focused on other complement-mediated disorders, including IgA nephropathy, atypical hemolytic uremic syndrome and COVID-19. OMS906, Omeros’ inhibitor of MASP-3, the key activator of the alternative pathway of complement, is in a Phase 1 clinical trial. For more information about Omeros and its programs, visit www.omeros.com .
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Using independent judgment, drafts standard agreements based on the Company’s templates, including non-disclosure agreements, master service agreements, consulting agreements, material transfer agreement, clinical trial agreements, and related amendments, customizing agreement templates as needed
- Using independent judgment, drafts contract-related notices and other correspondence
- Reviews agreements to provide information to the Company’s attorneys and other Company staff related to agreement administration, including milestone requirements and reporting obligations
- Assists in document production and due diligence activities
- Guides Company staff with respect to contract processes and procedures
- Assists in the configuration of the Company’s contract lifecycle management (CLM) system; works within the CLM system to ensure complete and accurate input of contracts and contract provisions
- Works with material that is generally of a critical or confidential nature
- Interacts with Company employees at all organizational levels to gather information
- Prepares, edits and proofs documents, reports and presentations
Education, Experience, Skills, and Knowledge Required:
- AA degree or paralegal certificate and a minimum of 2-8 years of legal contract drafting experience, OR BA/BS degree and a minimum of 2-5 years of legal contract drafting and negotiation, OR an equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Strong computer skills required in applications used in general office settings including word processing, spreadsheet, data base management, presentation software, and Internet search engines
- CLM system experience
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks and projects concurrently in a fast-paced environment
- Must be capable of working with minimal supervision and exercise independent judgment with the ability to escalate issues to Company’s attorneys when appropriate
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent grammatical and proofreading skills
- Requires good interpersonal skills
- Must represent Omeros in a professional manner
Behavioral Competencies Required:
- Ability to build and maintain positive relationships with management, peers, and subordinates
- Displays strong analytical and problem-solving skills
If you have the experience, skills and knowledge we are seeking, we’d love to hear from you! This is an exciting opportunity for the right person!
Omeros is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, or any other factor determined to be unlawful by federal, state, or local statutes.
It is our policy to provide reasonable accommodation to anyone with a disability who needs assistance completing the job application process. If you need assistance, you can either send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Omeros, asking for Human Resources, at (206) 676-5000.