Nurix Therapeutics is a biopharmaceutical company focused on the discovery, development and commercialization of small molecule therapies designed to modulate cellular protein levels as a novel treatment approach for cancer and immune disorders. Leveraging Nurix’s extensive expertise in E3 ligases together with its proprietary DNA-encoded libraries, Nurix has built DELigase, an integrated discovery platform to identify and advance novel drug candidates targeting E3 ligases, a broad class of enzymes that can modulate proteins within the cell. Nurix’s drug discovery approach is to either harness or inhibit the natural function of E3 ligases within the ubiquitin proteasome system to selectively decrease or increase cellular protein levels.
Nurix’s wholly owned pipeline comprises targeted protein degraders of Bruton’s tyrosine kinase, a B-cell signaling protein, and inhibitors of Casitas B-lineage lymphoma proto-oncogene-B, an E3 ligase that regulates T cell activation. Nurix is headquartered in San Francisco, California.
We are looking for a creative technical expert to ensure service reliability, performance, efficiency, and security for our rapidly growing hybrid infrastructure. In this role, you will work closely with IT and Informatics team members to design and implement technical solutions for our Cloud and on-premises environment. You will be responsible for the design and implementation of infrastructure and applications’ build, release, deployment, and configuration activities, pipeline automation, optimization, cybersecurity, and management. Other responsibilities include architect, orchestrate, and automate the infrastructure and service deployment, working independently and collaboratively with rest of the team and internal groups implementing/updating solutions, building, and executing test plans, performing quality reviews, managing operations, and triaging and fixing operational issues. Responsibilities for cloud and on-premises technology infrastructure for both enterprise and field offices. This includes networking, computing, cybersecurity, storage, and cloud technologies leveraging AWS and Azure services.
- Establishes an infrastructure program strategy and roadmap for the definition and development of technology infrastructure strategies. Develops transformation roadmaps in alignment with organizational scalability and growth.
- Defines, establishes, updates, manages, and reports on infrastructure Service Level Agreements.
- Evaluates, estimates, plans for, and executes infrastructure and related security services
- Establishes infrastructure automation including championing best practices and automation were cost effective.
- Oversees disaster recovery to guarantee plans are in place, updated as needed due to business and environmental or regulatory changes, and are exercised as defined.
- Supports established security policies, standards and procedures via planning and deployment of infrastructure to assure appropriate security IT assets and data.
- Translates strategic business requirements into IT operation requirements or process designs by planning and recommending IT Infrastructure, systems management software, and architecture.
- Approves and modifies IT infrastructure design and architecture in accordance with established company and departmental priorities.
- Directs the creation and evolution of the enterprise architecture function, including coordination of an appropriately balanced pursuit of enterprise business, information, technical, and solution architecture viewpoints.
- Create, lead, and implement an architecture framework that continuously fits business needs.
- Lead, guide and ensure future technology capabilities are built on a solid architecture foundation that sets up IT for success.
- Analyzes the current business and IT environment to identify critical deficiencies, reduce obsolescence, reduce data sprawl, and recommend solutions for improvement.
- Consults with program/project/product teams to fit solutions to architecture across all viewpoints.
- 7+ years of technical experience
- Both Private and Public Cloud Expertise
- Data Center Operations
- Strong written communication skills to create business-appropriate emails, instant messages, requirements/specifications documents, project plans, presentation materials, etc.
- Proficient in MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- AWS or Azure solutions architect certification is a plus
- Experience with cloud technologies and cloud vendors
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline and / or a minimum of 12+ years of related experience, or a master’s degree and 6+ years of equivalent industry experience, or a PhD and 4+ years of experience (or equivalent job experience)
- Lead the design and deployment of large scale and complex projects including IT infrastructure initiatives that have significant enterprise-wide impact
- Virtualization (VMware)
- IaaS and PaaS
- Business analysis
- Change control