We are seeking a highly motivated Associate Scientist/ Scientist to join the AbbVie Drug Discovery Science & Technology organization. The successful candidate will be part of an exciting and fast-paced team working with cross-disciplinary groups both internally and externally with a primary focus on biology of aging. This individual will provide dedicated support to the Biologics Drug Biology group through protein production and analysis to explore novel therapeutic approaches to age-related diseases. Experience in protein purification and characterization is required.
- Perform purification on AKTA FPLC systems using Unicorn software, design and modify protocols as needed
- Characterize purified material using techniques such as SE-HPLC, SDS-PAGE and MS
- Perform biochemical binding assays (such as ELISA, MSD, Western-blots or WES) to characterize biologics molecules.
- Maintain, propagate and bank mammalian expression cell lines
- Order expression constructs or perform molecular cloning as needed
- Collaborate with colleagues and outside vendors in the set-up and maintenance of relevant laboratory instruments
- Engage colleagues in cross-disciplinary scientific discussion, present scientific data to internal and external audiences.
- Keep accurate electronic records of experiments and activities, timely report experimental results.
- Understand and adhere to corporate standards regarding code of conduct, safety, appropriate handling of materials, controlled drug and radioactive compounds, GxP compliance, and animal care where applicable.
- B.S. in Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, or equivalent discipline with 3-5+ years of experience; MS in equivalent field with 0-2+ years of experience
- Proficiency in protein purification on AKTA FPLC machines and Unicorn software as well as analytical techniques such as SE-HPLC and MS is required
- Experience with mammalian or bacteria cell culture is required
- Hands on experience with plate-based assays such as ELISA, MSD is desired.
- Ability to work both independently and as a member of a multidisciplinary matrix team in a dynamic and fast-paced environment, desire to take on increasing responsibility over time.
- Excellent collaboration and organizational skills are required.
- Competency with sequence analysis software programs including Geneious is a plus.
Position will be hired based on level of experience.