Unique opportunity for a Scientist I professional to join our rapidly growing Bioscience team. Our organization engages in the research, development and in the manufacturing of cell based therapies. We are seeking a professional, energetic, curious and talented individual, with a desire for growth, and advancement, willing to work in a cross-functional, team-based environment.
The role of the Scientist I is the critical force driving the future of our business. Candidate must demonstrate the ability to work in collaboration with others in a lab setting and collectively utilize each person’s expertise, analytics, creativity, and ingenuity to succeed.
Candidate will be responsible for carrying out cell growth medium preparation, develop frozen cell banks for all cell lines used in the lab, perform routine maintenance of cell culture and cell storage equipment (incubator, freezer, liquid nitrogen). Must ensure security and safety procedures are observed and followed. Develop cell culture system, and platform development to support our research program, scale-up, large scale production, pre-clinical, and clinical activities.
Perform cell-based and specific assays by following the standard protocols, recording data in specified formats and documenting lab notebook with experiment details. Participate in writing development reports, protocols, SOPs, batch records and technology transfer. Interpret findings and effectively communicate with team members and cross-functionally with colleagues throughout the organization.
Will be involved in maintaining and managing the laboratory, equipment, scheduling, ordering supplies and training. Additional duties may be assigned as need arises.
- Candidate must have experience with both Adherent and Suspension Cell Cultures both in a R&D and GMP setting, as well as an understanding of aseptic techniques
- Experience with performing in vitro functional assays using human primary cells and other cell line cultures
- Knowledge in techniques such as multi-color flow cytometry, ELISA, and Luminex assays
- Experience in standard molecular assays (e.g., gene editing, PCR, cloning, and gel electrophoresis), cell culture experience to produce biological products (e.g., mammalian, insect, bacteria or yeast cultures), and knowledge of intermediate scale protein purification and accompanying proteomic analyses (e.g., size exclusion, ion exchange and affinity chromatography, ELISA, PAGE/SDS-PAGE, Western Blots/IP, and Immunofluorescence)
- Knowledge in microscopy and surface, intra-cytoplasmic, phosphorylated-epitope, and/or intra-nuclear cell staining
- Experience using software such as FlowJo, Prism, MS Excel/PowerPoint/Word. Understanding of US regulations for GMP, GLP, GDocP, & GTPs,
- Minimum B.S. degree with 4+ years’ relevant experience, or M.S./Ph.D. degree with 2+ years relevant experience
- 3-4 years of cell culture experience preferably in a GMP setting.
- Previous BSL-2 years’ experience preferred
- Ability to work effectively in a highly collaborative/dynamic environment; designing, executing experiments and analyzing data with minimal supervision.
- Ability to multitask as well as adapt in a fast-paced environment. Must remain focused on project deliverables.
- Ability to troubleshoot and problem solve
- Critical Thinking.
- Excellent communication skills and attention to details
- Perform all aspects of job in a way that supports company brand, company mission, vision, and values.
- Ability to lift 20 pounds
- Ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time
Offering competitive salary and company benefits. Position is full time / primary location is in Boca Raton, FL.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race ,color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.