AbbVie Brand and Commercial Operations BTS is working on to transform AbbVie Commercial into an agile data driven enterprise. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of that change. Associate Director – HCP Data Platform will be responsible for end-to-end data and services architecture and provide new, unique, and innovative ways to deliver world class data and insights. Associate Director will lead and drive the solution architecture in alignment with AbbVie Enterprise Architecture and Commercial Data Lake teams. Works with internal and/or external stakeholders as a thought leader to align technology solutions with business strategies. This role collaborates with senior leaders on both business and BTS teams to deliver the data solutions. The solutions aim to help compliantly educate physicians on AbbVie’s approved products to help them make the most informed treatment decision for patients.
- Drives and define technology objectives and recommend industry-leading solutions to support business needs. Identifies technology solutions to support business growth and productivity.
- Performs technical oversight of implementation projects to assure alignment with applications architecture and technology standards. Collaborates with the hardware, network and database architects in application design and implementation.
- Analyze emerging technologies and work with business and BTS leadership to translate implications of the new trends into an effective technology vision and strategy.
- Leads teams consisting of other functional groups within the US Commercial business organization to establish technical strategies and the tactical plans to be positioned for the current and future needs of the business.
- Evaluates application system needs across multiple systems and develops corresponding application and architecture standards.
- Manage a staff responsible for all phases of the systems architecture including data, system, application, and infrastructure in an environment of diverse development platforms, computing environments (e.g., cloud based, distributed systems, mobile applications), software, hardware, technology, tools, etc.
The ideal candidate will be a proponent for innovation, best practices, sound design with data & information optimization in mind, strong development habits, and efficient team/project structures.
- 10+ combined years in BI/ DW/ Data Lake and Analytics; experience will include one or more; Solution Architect; Project Manager, Data Architect. Analytics/Reporting Architect and/or Data Governance Lead
- Proven track record in multi-team (technical/operations/business /systems /business) project delivery
- Experience with offshore/ onshore/ near shore resources
- Pharmaceutical industry experience preferably manufacturing, supply chain & quality domain
- Experience with one or more of the reporting tools; Cognos, Discoverant, Tableau, QlikSense
- Solid understanding on impacting, emerging and vendor trends in the BI/DW/Analytics space
- Experience in Agile development environment
- Experience working on n-tier web application (UI, Service Layer, Business Logic Layer, Data Access Layer)