Manager: Senior Director, Infrastructure and Operations
Sangamo Therapeutics is a genomic medicine company building value with cutting-edge work across four distinct but complementary technology platforms – gene therapy, cell therapy, in vivo genome editing, and in vivo genome regulation. Using its deep scientific expertise and proprietary zinc finger genome engineering technology, Sangamo is working to create genomic cures for patients suffering from severe genetic diseases for which today’s medicines can only treat symptoms. At Sangamo, we are passionate about transforming lives by building a robust, sustainable, differentiated, innovative, and high value genomic medicine pipeline that addresses patients with life-limiting conditions. Sangamo takes pride in being the first to edit endogenous human genes, first to treat patients with gene edited T cells, and first to treat patients with in vivo genome editing. Our top priority is t meet the needs of patients with commitment and compassion. Along with our commitment to science and to our patients, we also endeavor to create an inclusive environment that promotes and values diversity. Sangamo is a company where individuals can flourish, grow, and develop their expertise.
We are seeking top talent to join our mission. Let’s build a better future together.
Sangamo Therapeutics is seeking an experienced, highly motivated, and analytical cloud engineering professional who is passionate about designing and building highly resilient, scalable, and secure architectures. In this role, you will focus on developing the organization’s cloud-based technology and infrastructure, providing technical recommendations, leading implementation, executing solutions, and providing maintenance and administrative support to our growing cloud infrastructure.
This role reports to the head of the IT Infrastructure and Operations and will have the opportunity to influence our IT strategy and deliver solutions based on new processes, building automation to help scale the company.
- Build and support cloud solutions based on the AWS platform and Azure systems
- Partner with business-lead teams to plan and execute the cloud platform strategy
- Formulate architecture, establish governance, and manage cloud providers to ensure compliance, reliability, and security
- Design and implement the strategy to transform an established on-premises datacenter into a cloud-native solution architecture model
- Provide operational assistance with Tier 3 incidents, problems, and service requests
- Develop and document architectural diagrams, processes, and runbooks for IT consumption and to address the larger needs of the company
- Perform duties, produce results, and communicate effectively while working individually and collaboratively
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIREMENTS:
- BA/BS in computer science, management information systems, or an equivalent combination of education and experience that demonstrates analytical skills, problem solving, initiative, judgment, decision making and writing ability
- 7 + years of experience within a critical infrastructure environment (VMware, Terminal Servers, Network, Servers, Storage, AWS/Azure)
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills for both technical and non-technical audiences
- Self-motivated with excellent planning, problem-solving and organizational skills
- Experience with migration infrastructure to cloud platform(s)
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks, lead projects and troubleshooting sessions in a high-pressure and fast-paced environment
- Experience with disaster recovery and backup technologies
- Understanding of GxP and SOX controls
- Ability to operate in a cross-functional / matrix environment.
- High level of personal integrity consistent with Sangamo’s values
- Knowledge of best practice principles for building and supporting scalable and secure cloud infrastructure
- Understanding of leveraging public cloud solutions for both SaaS and IaaS applications
- Passion for learning and a track record of acquiring new skills and technologies in a rapid fashion
- Ability to manage and support Windows and Linux-based servers across cloud environments
- Biotech / Data Science experience
- Experience in an FDA-regulated environment
- Relevant AWS and Azure certifications
Sangamo is an equal opportunity employer
Sangamo is committed to fostering belonging for all employees and embraces diversity, equity, and inclusion in recruiting and hiring. All qualified applicants for employment are encouraged to apply and will be considered without regard to an individual’s race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws
Commitment to Safety
Sangamo requires all U.S. workers to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as of their start date. This requirement is a condition of employment at Sangamo, and it applies regardless of location or classification of role. If you are unable to receive the vaccine & booster, you will have an opportunity to request a reasonable accommodation consistent with applicable laws.
Note to External Recruiters: We do not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than from the candidates themselves.