Those who join Emergent BioSolutions feel a sense of ownership about their future. You will excel in an environment characterized by respect, innovation and growth opportunities. Here, you will join passionate professionals who advance their scientific, technical and professional skills to develop products designed-to protect life.
The Director, Alliance Management will plan and manage operational aspects of alliances, including joint governance committee, ensuring coordination of activities, appropriate communications, addressing partner concerns and solving business challenges. As the single point of contact for partners, the role is a pathway for business and/or contractual resolution to ensure a healthy partnership and optimized business outcome.
This highly collaborative role will be expected to work closely with a variety of functions, including but not limited to Corporate Development, finance, R&D, regulatory, commercial, MCM and legal teams to ensure that the relevant points of view from the key internal stakeholders are incorporated into all situations and analyses.
The Alliance Director will help drive alliance management capabilities deliver the vision for the Alliance Management function as the volume and complexity of our partnership evolve.
Importantly, the candidate will identify issues as they arise internally, or as a result of partner interactions, and will work with Alliance Management team members and other necessary stakeholders to formulate a position/strategy and participate/drive the resolution process.
In conjunction with the above responsibilities, the Alliance Director will be expected to understand and incorporate contractual elements to the discussions. In all cases the Alliance Director will be able to clearly and concisely communicate (both written and verbally) alliance issues and resolution to those issues to the various internal and partner stakeholders, including Senior Management.
I. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Leading alliance-related activities to maximize the value and minimize the risk related to Emergent alliance programs
• Serving as the primary point of contact to partner and drive and/or assist in the review and synthesis of inter-company communications as required.
• Identify issues as they arise internally, or as a result of partner interactions, and work with necessary stakeholders to formulate a position/strategy and participate/drive the resolution process.
• Leading the governance of the alliance to set the tone and establish a collaborative and transparent foundation for how we work together. Driving alliance governance activities including the establishment and execution of alliance goals and metrics.
• Collaborating with external and internal stakeholders to establish a positive working relationship, managing key issues, ensuring effective governance, and driving the successful execution of alliance programs.
• Providing oversight of contractual obligations and outcomes for Emergent and partners to ensure that responsibilities are met. Establishing a detailed understanding of contractual elements including the need for potential renegotiations and revisions to partner agreements.
• Establishing and maintaining key relationships and influence, both internally and externally, in achieving alliance objectives.
• Aligning with Product Development Team Leads, Product Managers and Commercial Product leads to ensure alignment as necessary.
• Driving external alliance meetings, including develop the agendas, aligning the internal teams, and provision of minutes and distribution of materials
• Flagging potential new business opportunities within existing partners
The above statements are intended to describe the nature of work performed by those in this job and are not an exhaustive list of all duties. Nothing in this job description restricts managements right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time which reflects management’s assignment of essential functions.
III. MINIMUM EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS
• Bachelors degree, an MBA and/or PhD preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience
• 8-10 years relevant work experience, including experience in the pharmaceutical industry, preferably with experience in the management of alliances or management of a development program
• High emotional intelligence; effective communication skills, both verbal and written
• Ability to prepare clear and influential power point presentations
• Collaborative, effective in influencing and working in cross-functional teams
• Ability to interpret contracts
• Strong ability to influence and negotiate while being flexible in approach in order to achieve key outcomes
• You have proven success in alliance management or similar role working directly with partners
• Experience and comfort with an agile, fast-paced, highly matrixed organization
Per CDC guidelines, Emergent strongly recommends that all employees working on site are vaccinated to help ensure their safety, as well as the safety of fellow employees. This includes the use of good judgment when determining when the CDC guidelines advise that you stay home when ill.
There are physical/mental demands and work environment characteristics that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. This information is available upon request from the candidate.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform all essential functions.
Emergent BioSolutions is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and values the diversity of our workforce. Emergent does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, genetic information or any other characteristics protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Emergent BioSolutions does not accept non-solicited resumes or candidate submittals from search/recruiting agencies not already on Emergent BioSolutions’ approved agency list. Unsolicited resumes or candidate information submitted to Emergent BioSolutions by search/recruiting agencies not already on Emergent BioSolutions’ approved agency list shall become the property of Emergent BioSolutions and if the candidate is subsequently hired by Emergent BioSolutions, Emergent BioSolutions shall not owe any fee to the submitting agency.