RESEARCH ASSOCIATE II, TRANSLATIONAL BIOLOGY
Global Blood Therapeutics, Inc. (GBT) is committed to developing and delivering therapies for people with sickle cell disease (SCD) through science, innovative, and access to solutions.
Biology Research Department at GBT is looking for someone who will be responsible for assisting Associate Scientist (AS), supporting the daily operations of the Translational Biology for pre-clinical and clinical studies, and performing testing of human blood samples and murine blood samples on clinical analyzers such as Bio-Rad Variant II HPLC and Sebia CZE.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform sample preparations and testing of human and murine proteins and blood samples
- Quantitate Hemoglobin variants in blood samples
- Perform routine data collection and equipment maintenance according to the manuals
- Create sample batches, print labels, and label tubes
- Perform mobile phases and buffers preparation
- Manage and ensure sufficient inventory of material, supplies, and equipment needed for duties
- Oversee samples shipping to CRO and receiving from CRO
- Analyze and report data in an appropriate and timely manner
- Rigorous data organization in support of external collaborations and clinical studies
- Document and maintain electronic laboratory notebook (ELN)
- Perform other duties as assigned
- AA/BA/BS in relevant field with 0-2 years of related laboratory experiences within a pharmaceutical company, clinical lab, or academic equivalent
- Need to know how to use pipette
- Be able to work on weekends
- Dedicated to making a difference and driven to make a positive impact in SCD treatment
- Good interpersonal and communication skills and ability to work in a team-based environment is crucial
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment with high performing colleagues, balance multiple tasks, and work independently with minimal supervision
- Flexible, proactive, organized, detailed oriented, team player, self-initiative, eager to learn, efficient, and hard-working ethic
Fit with GBT culture:
- Ability to build strong relationships with co-workers of various backgrounds and expertise
- Ability to function at a high level in a team setting whether leading the group or acting as an individual contributor
- Values-based leadership consistent with GBT's Core Values
- Excitement about the vision and mission of GBT
NOTE: This position summary is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
The Company complies with all laws respecting equal employment opportunity and does not discriminate against applicants with regard to any protected characteristic as defined by federal, state, and local law, including disability/veteran status. This position may require you to work onsite or interact in person with customers of the Company and/or work onsite from time to time at the Company’s facilities. The Company requires all employees working in its facilities (including attending in-person meetings and events) to be fully vaccinated from COVID-19 (except as required by applicable law). Therefore, this position requires you to be fully vaccinated from COVID-19, subject to reasonable accommodations for a disability/medical condition or sincerely-held religious belief, and/or as otherwise required by applicable law. The Company considers you fully vaccinated once 14 days have passed since you received either the second dose in a two-dose COVID-19 vaccine series or a single-dose COVID-19 vaccine. This position requires you to maintain a fully-vaccinated status against COVID-19, subject to reasonable accommodations required by applicable law. The vaccine must have been FDA approved, have emergency use authorization from the FDA, or, for persons fully vaccinated outside of the U.S., be listed for emergency use by the World Health Organization.