Those who join Emergent BioSolutions feel a sense of ownership about their future. You will excel in an environment characterized by respect, innovation and growth opportunities. Here, you will join passionate professionals who advance their scientific, technical and professional skills to develop products designed-to protect life.
I. JOB SUMMARY
The Marketing & Customer Experience Specialist will assist the CDMO global marketing team with coordination of tradeshows, on-site new client visits and events, and support of multi-channel marketing campaigns and programs across all spectrums of media (print, digital, social, web etc) as well as drive a sustainable culture of customer-centricity within the CDMO Business Unit. The Marketing & CX Specialist will be responsible for assisting in managing client visits at all CDMO sites, ensuring a harmonized approach to a world-class experience for both existing customer and prospective client visits. In addition, he/she under the direction of the Sr. Director of Marketing & CX, communicates the guidance and standards for customer-facing spaces and collaborates closely with global comms & site admins.
II. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Contributes to the customer experience (CX) strategy that aligns with Emergent’s core values and the enterprise five-year strategy
- Collaborates and regularly meets with site leaders, providing support and coordination of digitalization and site beautification efforts
- Drives employee engagement and involvement by embedding a CX mindset/culture within the business unit.
- Submits requests for purchase orders through SAP on behalf of CDMO marketing, working closely with accounts payable and receivable to ensure new vendor set up, CDAs, POs, service requests and invoice payment are handled in an organized and timely manner.
- Develops and executes effective cross-functional customer experience best practices for all customer and client-facing teams, equipping colleagues with customer-centric behaviors and resources to improve efforts to streamline global client experience.
- Develops and assists in collecting CX data and identifies key CX metrics for tracking quality, satisfaction, and loyalty and measuring impact on performance
- Maintains and gathers unsolicited feedback from customers through creation and deployment of customer feedback surveys and NPS
- Coordinates arrangements for new client visit logistics including, but not limited to, welcome amenity, meals, conference room technologies, digital kiosk, and those physical/digital experiences, personal protective equipment (PPE) for tours/visits, leveraging support from site administrative assistants
- Supports CDMO marketing team with campaigns, social and website content, conferences and tradeshow logistics, open houses, and budget and finance activities
- Actively manages and maintains promotional material ordering & inventory in coordination with vendors
- Ensures timely completion and compliance with cGMP and all other relevant company training requirements
The above statements are intended to describe the nature of work performed by those in this job and are not an exhaustive list of all duties. Nothing in this job description restricts managements right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time which reflects management’s assignment of essential functions.
III. MINIMUM EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS
- Bachelor's Degree in marketing, communications or life sciences-related technical field.
- 5+ years of experience in event marketing, customer relations or related-field
- Prior experience with supporting tradeshows and events with customer-facing or customer management experiences, preferably in sales & marketing
- Capacity to listen to, consult with, advise, and provide solutions for a variety of stakeholders with competing priorities
- Demonstrated strategic and enterprise thinking
- Practical organizational and project management skills and attention to detail
- Strong change management, communication, and customer service skills ·
- Ability to take the initiative, make decisions, and follow-through
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, complex, and changing environment with multiple competing deadlines
- Collaborative, able to work effectively with all levels of employees and cross-functional teams globally
- Pharmaceutical or CDMO industry-related experience preferred.
Per CDC guidelines, Emergent strongly recommends that all employees working on site are vaccinated to help ensure their safety, as well as the safety of fellow employees. This includes the use of good judgment when determining when the CDC guidelines advise that you stay home when ill.
There are physical/mental demands and work environment characteristics that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. This information is available upon request from the candidate.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform all essential functions.
Emergent BioSolutions is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and values the diversity of our workforce. Emergent does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, genetic information or any other characteristics protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Emergent BioSolutions does not accept non-solicited resumes or candidate submittals from search/recruiting agencies not already on Emergent BioSolutions’ approved agency list. Unsolicited resumes or candidate information submitted to Emergent BioSolutions by search/recruiting agencies not already on Emergent BioSolutions’ approved agency list shall become the property of Emergent BioSolutions and if the candidate is subsequently hired by Emergent BioSolutions, Emergent BioSolutions shall not owe any fee to the submitting agency.