KCAS Bioanalytical & Biomarker Services is seeking a Manager of Program Management to lead its Program Management group in a growing organization in Olathe, KS.
KCAS is a contract research organization (CRO) providing bioanalytical & biomarker services to pharmaceutical clients in support of drug developments, preclinical and clinical studies.
As the Manager of Program Management, you will manage a team of program managers and active KCAS clients, responsible for overall client satisfaction. You will be responsible for the onboarding, training, mentoring, and daily management of Program Managers.
In this role you will work closely with Laboratory Operations, PBI’s and Business Development to provide overall client satisfaction and management of already contracted work.
You will also provide support to sales efforts by assisting to define out of scope work and finalize change order approval from client, which may lead to monitoring assigned client testing needs, organizational/operational needs, and changes, and identifying potential opportunities and threats to KCAS overall business from client.
In this role, we will rely on you for the following:
- Perform management duties for subordinates, including but not limited to, assigning/scheduling work, assisting in recruiting efforts, development and attainment for goals, annual review, training and development, delegation and time-card approval and requests.
- Delegates the workload of all the program managers, and interfaces with the business development team to prioritize customers and align best customer: program manager fit.
- Liaison between operations and the Business Development team, to resolve client issues (that are escalated beyond a program manager).
- Maintain and update a real-time tracking tool to monitor client satisfaction for all active customers, company wide.
- Work with Business Development and Operations to set a process for communication flow and management of non-program managed accounts
- Interact closely with client and provide overall goals and objectives of clients’ needs to operations through formal communication and monitoring of project
- Provide project oversight
- Act as client and operations (internal) advocate by balancing the needs of both parties to find a win
- Interact with operations and business development to keep all parties well informed of project status, elevating any risks to the project/client.
- Address client questions and concerns and comments
- Work with clients and operations to satisfy clients objectives and timeline needs
- Work closely with Business Development to define scope on new work from existing clients
- Respond to clients on sales inquiries (quotes and change orders) when directed
- Update the ongoing client monitoring system with current state of client, escalating if/when needed.
- Assist in forecasting of clients work and answering invoicing questions when necessary
- Responsible for other duties as assigned.
(This is a representative summary of responsibilities and is not meant to be exhaustive)
WHO YOU ARE:
You will thrive at KCAS if you enjoy a fast-paced environment, are open-minded and flexible, coachable, and approachable, can prioritize effectively to solve problems and meet deadlines, embrace high-level performance and constant development, and are self-directed while being drawn to the camaraderie of a team atmosphere. A successful candidate will have a strong passion to learn.
In addition, to qualify specifically for this role, you will have:
Education & Experience:
- BS or BA degree in related field, certification in project management disciplines considered to be a plus.
- Minimum of 6-8 years’ experience in a Contract Research Organization environment in a program management or project leadership role
- Prior experience managing direct reports or training responsibilities considered to be a plus
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Detail oriented with follow-through on tasks and initiatives
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written), with the ability to think quickly
- Ability to identify and drive issue resolution in a fast and effective manner
- Ability to present plans to multiple stakeholders, to obtain necessary support and resources required for successful execution then drive independently to resolution
- Ability to multi-task and handle many projects at once
- Exceptional organizational and project management skills
- A polished, professional style with a high-level of enthusiasm
- Perform all aspects of job in a way that supports company brand and supports company mission, vision, and values
- Ability to lift 20 pounds.
- Ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to convey complex information clearly and concisely.
- Ability to ascend and descend stairs.
WHAT YOU’LL GET:
In addition to a competitive compensation, full suite of medical benefits and time off, you will have the opportunity to be part of employee appreciation events and local community outreach. You’ll thrive in a fast-paced environment centered on career progression and development, where we collaborate on impactful contributions and reward for outstanding performance.
WHO WE ARE:
KCAS is a contract research organization (CRO) headquartered within the metro area of Kansas City, KS. We are uniquely positioned to provide our pharmaceutical clients with both large and small molecule development in support of drug developments, preclinical and clinical studies. We have a culture of ownership, empowerment, engagement, and mentoring. Demand for our expertise in bioanalytical & biomarker services is growing and so is our team of dedicated experts - now is a great time to join us to be part of improving the world’s health!
KCAS is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, age, disability, pregnancy, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other legally protected category.
LIMITATIONS AND DISCLAIMER
This position description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees may be required to follow additional instructions and to perform other duties as directed by a supervisor.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on an "at-will" basis.
KCAS recruits qualified candidates without regard to citizenship status. We have internal processes in place to enable hiring of the right candidates through appropriate U.S. immigration framework.