HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
Youve earned your degree. How will you use that achievement to reach your goals? Do more with the knowledge youve worked hard to acquire and the passion you already have. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies, reaching over 10 million patients worldwide. Become the professional you are meant to be in this meaningful role.
Environment, Health, Safety and Sustainability (EHSS) Manager - Radiation Safety Live
What you will do
Lets do this. Lets change the world.
- Partner with radiation use clients to implement standard processes and ensure compliance with pertinent regulations, policies, and standards.
- Review of radiation safety records for completeness and compliance.
- Supporting radioactive waste disposal program, including preparing and coordinating shipments of long-lived waste and decay of short-lived waste.
- Performing radioactive material contamination and radiation-producing machine surveys and sealed source leak tests.
- Preparing radioactive material shipments according to DOT and IATA requirements.
- Preparing and submitting required internal and external regulatory reports.
- Interpreting complex environmental health and safety regulations and developing/maintaining processes to ensure compliance with Federal, State, and local requirements.
- Working with regulatory agency representatives during on-site inspections and to address program needs.
- Acting as EHSS representative for internal client organizations by implementing an EHSS culture program, conducting regular inspections, ensuring changes with potential EHSS impacts are assessed, investigating incidents, and enthusiastically assessing risks related to routine and non-routine activities.
- Maintaining appropriate records and documentation.
- Identifying program improvement opportunities by applying data analytics and developing action plans to drive continuous improvements.
- Partnering with all levels of internal client and site/corporate EHSS organizations.
- Participating in emergency response activities.
- Facilitation of training.
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients.
- Doctorate degree OR
- Masters degree and 3 years of experience OR
- Bachelors degree and 5 years of experience OR
- Associates degree and 10 years of experience OR
- High school diploma / GED and 12 years of experience
- Experience in implementing and supporting radiation safety programs focused on laboratory and preclinical imaging operations.
- Experience with hazardous materials storage and transportation programs, water quality, regulated waste, air quality, and environmental sustainability.
- Experience with industrial safety programs including, but not limited to, LOTO, Confined Space, Electrical Safety, and Hazardous Gas Management.
- Committed, self-starter with strong communication and presentation skills
- Skilled in program development and project management.
- Experience working with regulatory agency representatives during on-site inspections and addressing program needs.
- Experience with EHSS management systems.
- Advanced skills working with MS Excel.
- Current California Underground Storage Tank Operator Certification.
- Current qualification as a Hazardous Material Technician under the Federal HAZWOPER standard.
- Professional qualification preferred (e.g., Certified Safety Practitioner (CSP), Certified Health Physicist (CHP), Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH)).
Some of the vast rewards of working here
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, we also work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Full support and career-development resources to expand your skills, enhance your expertise, and improve your potential along your career journey
- A diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plancomprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefitswith compensation and benefits rated above 4 stars (out of 5) on Glassdoor
for a career that defies imagination
Objects in your future are closer than they appear. Join us.careers.amgen.com
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Amgen requires all staff in the United States, Puerto Rico and Canada to be vaccinated from COVID 19 as a condition of employment. In accordance with applicable law, Amgen will provide reasonable accommodations to staff members who qualify on the basis of a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. Such accommodation may not pose an undue hardship to Amgen, its operations, or its staff.