KCAS Bioanalytical & Biomarker Services is seeking a Metrology Team Lead to join our Technical Operations Support group in a growing organization in Olathe, KS.
KCAS is a contract research organization (CRO) providing bioanalytical & biomarker services to pharmaceutical clients in support of drug developments, preclinical and clinical studies.
As Metrology Team Lead, you will leverage your knowledge in laboratory equipment to be responsible for the overall Calibration and Maintenance Program, including responsibility for general laboratory equipment and overseeing records, installations, preventative maintenance, repairs, and calibrations.
You will also assist in general laboratory equipment training and perform the writing and maintaining of KCAS Laboratory Equipment SOPs.
In this role, we will rely on you for the following:
- Keep Calibration and Maintenance program current with metrology and regulatory requirements.
- Manage laboratory equipment SOP’s, ensuring that, at minimum, manufacturer and regulatory requirements are taken into consideration for calibration and/or preventative maintenance events while maintaining machine records.
- Supervise and train personnel on the use, preventative maintenance, and repair of laboratory equipment.
(This is a representative summary of responsibilities and is not meant to be exhaustive)
WHO YOU ARE:
You will thrive at KCAS if you enjoy a fast-paced environment, are open-minded and flexible, can prioritize effectively to solve problems and meet deadlines, embrace high-level performance and constant development, and are self-directed while being drawn to the camaraderie of a team atmosphere.
In addition, to qualify specifically for this role, you will have:
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor of Science (BS) degree in a scientific field.
- 8 years of experience calibrating/maintaining equipment in a hospital, GMP, and/or GLP facility.
- Experience reading and preparing technical documents.
- Experience as a scientist/analyst is a big plus.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Working knowledge of reviewing technical documents, such as, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Willing to provide on-call support.
- Good organizational skills.
- Good understanding of Word and Excel.
- Good mechanical skills.
- Good communication skills (oral and written).
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, divide, and perform algebraic equations.
- Perform all aspects of job in a way that supports company brand and company mission, vision, and values.
- Ability to lift 20 pounds.
- Ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to convey complex information clearly and concisely.
- Ability to ascend and descend stairs.
WHAT YOU’LL GET:
In addition to a competitive compensation, full suite of medical benefits and time off, you will have the opportunity to be part of employee appreciation events and local community outreach. You’ll thrive in a fast-paced environment centered on career progression and development, where we collaborate on impactful contributions and reward for outstanding performance.
WHO WE ARE:
KCAS is a contract research organization (CRO) headquartered within the metro area of Kansas City, KS. We are uniquely positioned to provide our pharmaceutical clients with both large and small molecule development in support of drug developments, preclinical and clinical studies. Demand for our expertise in bioanalytical & biomarker services is growing and so is our team of dedicated experts - now is a great time to join us to be part of improving the world’s health!
KCAS is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, age, disability, pregnancy, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other legally protected category.
LIMITATIONS AND DISCLAIMER
This position description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees may be required to follow additional instructions and to perform other duties as directed by a supervisor.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on an "at-will" basis.
KCAS recruits qualified candidates without regard to citizenship status. We have internal processes in place to enable hiring of the right candidates through appropriate U.S. immigration framework.