We are currently searching for an Operations Coordinator to provide project coordination and management functions for the Office of Director. This opportunity is full-time, and it is on site in Bethesda, MD.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Support the Division activities by performing a variety of day-to-day project coordination and management functions and working with the Director, Basic and Early Translational Research Program, and the Office of the Director staff on various joint projects and tasks.
- Create and maintain spreadsheets for data analysis.
- Coordinate the preparation of a variety of items such as professional service orders, outside activities (Form 520), official duty memoranda, training requests, individual/mass mailings, correspondence, reports, and various forms.
- Gather and analyze information about processes and programs. Prepare reports, letters, and other documents for review and input for programs, policies, and activities.
- Coordinate the printing and conversion of paper documents to electronic format.
- Develop, maintain, and utilize various administrative databases (SharePoint, Access, or other interactive/collaborative platforms) to keep appropriate Branch, Office, or Division email lists, travel/training budget, documents, files, reference materials, and NIH template documents updated.
- Compile data and create and maintain PowerPoint presentations.
- Update/maintain calendars and shared calendars for multiple staff members.
- Collaborate with staff on review of annual grant progress reports and new grants for conformity to NHLBI policy.
- Assess adequacy of animal model sharing plans and data and safety monitoring plans, including issues related to the inclusion of human subjects for clinical research appropriate target enrollment of human subjects and inclusion of women, minorities, and participants across the lifespan in clinical research.
- Identify foreign component in grants and assist with foreign clearance.
- Monitor publication compliance to the NIH open-access policy. Coordinate meetings, workshops; and courses for staff; schedule conference rooms.
- Maintain office records including office procurements and reimbursement procedures.
- Track, record, and direct manuscripts to reviewers.
- Design and coordinate systems for communications among staff and external stakeholders to facilitate the efficient flow of information relating to projects and program activities; including the implementation of communication strategies for social media platforms.
- Maintain file systems for correspondence and projects.
- Note commitments made by executive level during meetings and arrange for staff implementation.
- Arrange for staff member(s) to represent organization at conferences and meetings; establish appointment priorities; and/or reschedule or refuse appointments and invitations.
- In the executive level’s absence, ensure requests for action or information are relayed to the appropriate staff in a timely manner and determine whether executive level should be notified of important or emergency issues.
- Summarize the content of incoming materials, specially gathered information, or meetings to assist executive; coordinate the new information with background office sources; and draw attention to important parts or conflicts.
- Compose correspondence requiring some understanding of technical matters within the program.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline. Four years of specialized experience plus a high school diploma is equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree.
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in a related field.
- Demonstrate a high level of proficiency in Microsoft 365 (MS Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint).
- Knowledge of NIH procurement, purchasing and administrative systems.
- Strong communications skills, both oral and written.
- Excellent analytical, organizational and time management skills.
Dovel Technologies and its Family of Companies (Medical Science & Computing and Ace Info Solutions) was acquired in October 2021.
Guidehouse is a leading global provider of consulting services to the public sector and commercial markets, with broad capabilities in management, technology, and risk consulting. By combining our public and private sector expertise, we help clients address their most complex challenges and navigate significant regulatory pressures focusing on transformational change, business resiliency, and technology-driven innovation. Across a range of advisory, consulting, outsourcing, and digital services, we create scalable, innovative solutions that help our clients outwit complexity and position them for future growth and success. The company has more than 12,000 professionals in over 50 locations globally. Guidehouse is a Veritas Capital portfolio company, led by seasoned professionals with proven and diverse expertise in traditional and emerging technologies, markets, and agenda-setting issues driving national and global economies.
Guidehouse is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, age, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.
Guidehouse will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law or ordinance, including the Fair Chance Ordinance of Los Angeles and San Francisco.
If you have visited our website for information about employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require accommodation, please contact Guidehouse Recruiting at 1-571-633-1711 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@guidehouse.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodation.
Guidehouse does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of Guidehouse, and Guidehouse will not be obligated to pay a placement fee.