HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
Youve earned your degree. How will you use that achievement to reach your goals? Do more with the knowledge youve worked hard to acquire and the passion you already have. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies, reaching over 10 million patients worldwide. Become the professional you are meant to be in this meaningful role.
Data Scientist EngineerLive
What you will do
Lets do this. Lets change the world. Amgen is seeking a motivated, agile and innovative Data Scientist Engineer to join the Research and Development Strategy and Operations Applied Information Management team, which consists of cross-disciplinary, technology focused, scientific and business professionals with diverse industry and organizational experience. Our goal is to deliver solutions that increase productivity, enhance data quality, improve knowledge sharing, accelerate decision making, leverage new and BIG data sets and deliver on the promise of human data.
In this vital role you will collaborate directly with Amgen colleagues across various locations and cross-functional areas to develop innovative, fit-for-purpose technology, automation and data analytics solutions.Responsibilities include:
- Collaborate with colleagues and stakeholders; collect requirements/user stories
- Communicate strategy, insights, results, and methodologies
- Translate business needs into technology solutions and insights
- Identify opportunities for advanced analytics, data automation and process improvement solutions
- Develop innovative and effective approaches to solve client's analytic, data automation and process improvement problems
- Manage the implementation of internally developed and externally provided analytic and data automation engineering solutions
- Recommend ongoing improvements to methods and algorithms that generate analytic insights
- Contribute to business process improvement
- Maintain familiarity with industry business standards and best practices and proficiency with current and emerging software development technologies
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The dynamic professional we seek is a data scientist with these qualifications.
Masters degree and 3 years of related industry experience
Bachelors degree and 5 years of related industry experience
Associates degree and 10 years of related industry experience
High school diploma / GED and 12 years of related industry experience
- Experience working within pharmaceutical, biotechnology, or related industry
- Experience with scientific, portfolio timeline, operational and financial data analysis
- Ability to write robust code in Python, R, SQL, Spark, etc.
- Ability to produce advanced interactive dashboards in Tableau, Spotfire, etc.
- Working knowledge of RDBMS and SQL (Postgres, MySQL, MSSQL, Oracle, etc.)
- Working knowledge with version control systems such as Git
- Understanding of AWS technologies such as EC2, S3, Redshift, Athena, etc.
- Familiarity with common statistical and advanced analytic techniques (ie. classifiers, predictive modeling, NLP, NNs, ML, AI, etc.) and when to use them to answer complex questions
- Working knowledge of distributed compute / data technology (e.g. Databricks, Spark)
- Working knowledge of DevOps frameworks (e.g. Git)
- Working knowledge of building and deploying analytic solutions in cloud environments (e.g. AWS)
- Familiarity with robotic process automation (RPA) tools (UiPath, Automation Anywhere, etc.)
- Familiarity developing within front-end business systems such as Sharepoint, PowerApps, Salesforce, Smartsheet, etc.
- Proficiency using Office 365, SharePoint Online, MS Teams, OneDrive, Box, Smartsheet, and other cloud enterprise solutions
- Experience with Agile or similar project management methodologies
- Passion and curiosity for learning, teaching, and staying current in advanced analytics techniques and related technology
- Meticulous technical proficiency with strong logical, problem solving, and decision-making skills
- Ability to collaborate and influence business partners and other IS resources to drive projects end-to-end
- Ability to independently lead and deliver on project goals
- Strong time and task management skills to estimate and successfully meet project goals
- Ability to manage multiple projects
- Ability to communicate in a clear, precise, and practical manner
Some of the vast rewards of working here
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, we also work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Full support and career-development resources to expand your skills, enhance your expertise, and maximize your potential along your career journey
- A diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plancomprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefitswith compensation and benefits rated above 4 stars (out of 5) on Glassdoor
for a career that defies imagination
Objects in your future are closer than they appear. Join us.careers.amgen.com
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Amgen requires all staff in the United States, Puerto Rico and Canada to be vaccinated from COVID 19 as a condition of employment. In accordance with applicable law, Amgen will provide reasonable accommodations to staff members who qualify on the basis of a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. Such accommodation may not pose an undue hardship to Amgen, its operations, or its staff.