HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
Youve earned your degree. How will you use that achievement to reach your goals? Do more with the knowledge youve worked hard to acquire and the passion you already have. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies, reaching over 10 million patients worldwide. Become the professional you are meant to be in this meaningful role.
Strategic Planning and Operations (SP&O) Senior AssociateLive
What you will do
Lets do this! Lets change the world. In this vital role you will be responsible for supporting Global Development Business Operations and the Therapeutic Area (TA) working closely with other SP&O team members, key stakeholders, and various levels of management. This role is also responsible for:
- Various ongoing business support to include but are not limited to:
- Project management assistance which may include facilitation, communicating, and result development within the project timelines.
- TA Budget and headcount management assistance
- Meeting management and documenting meeting minutes
- SharePoint design/maintenance
- Deviation Management coordinator
- Business Continuity planning coordinator
- Develop and/or handle department documents (e.g. onboarding guides, etc.)
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The senior associate we seek is a professional with these qualifications.
- Masters degree OR
- Bachelors degree and 2 years of project/business management experience OR
- Associates degree and 6 years of project/business management experience OR
- High school diploma / GED and 8 years of project/business management experience
- Bachelors degree or 4 years of strong project/business management experience
- Reliable/diligent teammate with the ability to work independently with minimal direction
- Excellent organizational skills and an outstanding attention to detail
- Strong ability to multi-task and prioritize workload
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to think strategically
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Word and SharePoint;
- Experience with document management systems and online collaboration tools
- Project a positive, can do demeanor and eagerly contribute to all initiatives as needed and requested
Some of the vast rewards of working here
As we work to develop treatments that look after others, we also work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Full support and career-development resources to expand your skills, improve your expertise, and improve your potential along your career journey
- A diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plancomprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefitswith compensation and benefits rated above 4 stars (out of 5) on Glassdoor
for a career that defies imagination
Objects in your future are closer than they appear. Join us.careers.amgen.com
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Amgen requires all staff in the United States, Puerto Rico and Canada to be vaccinated from COVID 19 as a condition of employment. In accordance with applicable law, Amgen will provide reasonable accommodations to staff members who qualify on the basis of a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. Such accommodation may not pose an undue hardship to Amgen, its operations, or its staff.