Kriya is a next generation gene therapy company focused on expanding the field to new frontiers. We have built a fully integrated, technology enabled platform for rational vector design, analytical characterization, and scalable manufacturing to design and develop gene therapies for diseases with well-understood underlying biology. We believe that rationally engineered gene therapies can transform the treatment of a broad universe of diseases – and we are prepared to lead this revolution in medicine.
Our team is made up of leading scientific experts who are passionate about improving patients’ lives and easing the burden of these life-changing disorders for patients. We are looking for teammates with the ambition, creativity, and energy to help us build a unique organization.
If you are looking to be a part of a company with an entrepreneurial culture, a bold vision, and a meaningful purpose, Kriya is the company for you.
The Sourcing & Procurement Specialist will be responsible for procuring supplies, equipment and services needed to support a fast-growing gene therapy company. The ideal candidate is a self-starter and team player ready to work with internal colleagues and external suppliers.
- Perform Strategic Sourcing Analysis to align with Kriya’s Source-to-Pay Process
- Process purchase requisitions and convert them to purchase orders in Oracle’s NetSuite
- Coordinate order confirmations, monitor delivery dates and expedite POs as necessary
- PO Lifecycle Management
- Work with internal customers and suppliers to resolve issues, including product/material/service quality, invoicing discrepancies, and documentation errors
- Partner and collaborate with internal customers (cross-functional teams) as well as suppliers to develop and initiate process improvements
- Support procurement processes, including strategic sourcing and supplier management
- Manage vendor onboarding and set-up of vendor information in NetSuite
- Monitor & Track Supplier Performance (including financial “health” risk) and recommend sources of supply
- Maintain and update purchasing master data
- Adhere to cGMPs, compliance/regulatory procedures, and quality requirements
- Perform assigned operational tasks and responsibilities related to the purchase of equipment, materials, supplies, and services
- Pursue cost-savings and avoidances to improve financial, operational, and budgetary analysis to meet corporate goals
- Manage & track supplier performance, schedule & lead QBRs (quarterly business reviews) with cross-functional teams
- Work with cross-functional teams to resolve any concerns regarding supplier performance, support and/or pricing/invoices; cross-functional teams can include Finance, Legal, Quality, Manufacturing, Analytical and Clinical Development, Technical Ops and Facilities
- Bachelor’s Degree in a Life Sciences, Business, or a related field is preferred.
- 5-7 years of purchasing experience preferably in a Pharmaceutical/Biotech manufacturing
- Experience with Materials Requirements Planning (MRP) and ERP systems; Oracle’s NetSuite and/or SAP
- A solid understanding of contracting principles and commercial business practices
- Well-developed analytical thinking, risk analysis, negotiation, and problem-solving skills
- Excellent motivational, leadership and collaboration skills with ability to build effective relationships and influence peers, key stakeholders, and vendors.
- Ability to prioritize, organize and multitask in a flexible, fast-paced, and challenging environment.
- Knowledge of cGMP regulatory requirements
- Some travel (5%-15%) may be required
Kriya is an equal opportunity employer.
We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.