MaxCyte is a leading provider of cell-engineering platform technologies to advance innovative cell-based research, development, and commercialization of next- generation cell therapies. The company's existing customer base ranges from large biopharmaceutical companies — including 20 of the top 25 pharmaceutical companies based on 2020 global revenue — to hundreds of biotechnology companies and academic translational research centers. MaxCyte has granted 16 strategic platform licenses to commercial cell therapy developers that allow for more than 95 clinical programs. Founded in 1998, MaxCyte is headquartered in Gaithersburg, Maryland, US.
The Electromechanical Assembler provides support related to manufacturing assembly, testing, and shipping of MaxCyte's instruments.
• Assembles electrical and mechanical sub-systems according to engineering drawings and work instructions. Tests and ships instruments.
• Participates in the installation, calibration, operational and performance qualification of the instrumentation systems, including but not limited to Windows OS, SSD, etc.
• Perform sub-assembly and Printed Circuit Board (PCBA) test according to company procedures
• Fabricate cables, wire assemblies, and test for function
• Troubleshoots electrical and mechanical issues identifying root cause and corrective action
• Conducts all activities in compliance with Standard Operating Procedures and Manufacturing Batch Records outlined in MaxCyte's Quality Management System.
• May participate in writing procedures for manufacturing and operations processes, contributing to manufacturing control processes and assisting with other design and/or development activities.
• Complies with all applicable policies regarding health, safety, and environmental policies.
• Other responsibilities as assigned
• High School Diploma with 3-5 years of hands-on assembly and testing of instrumentation systems and/or laboratory equipment, or a 2-year technical degree in Mechanical/Electronics Engineering, Computer Science, or other related disciplines with at least 1 year of relevant hands-on assembly experience. Medical device or related industry experience preferred.
• Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings, wiring diagrams, electronic schematics, SOPs and Work Instructions.
• Able to troubleshoot mechanical and electrical components.
• Able to install, calibrate, and qualify operational and performance of the Company's instrumentation systems, including but not limited to Windows OS, SSD, and software etc.
• Experience with using various hand tools, wire crimping, stripping, and soldering.
• Proficient in soldering techniques in accordance with IPC-610 or equivalent. IPC - J standard certification a plus.
• Familiarity with manufacturing processes
• Working knowledge of QSR, GMP, and ISO requirements
• Team-oriented individual with strong verbal, written and interpersonal skills
• Has a “do what it takes” attitude to meet customer deadlines
• The ability to lift 50 lbs.
MaxCyte, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. To apply, please send your resume and cover letter . Please reference Assembler in the subject line.