At GreenLight we are working to solve two of the world's greatest problems: global food insecurity and equal access to vaccines and the associated health benefits. Unlike most corporations who can be required to put profits ahead of other principles, GreenLight is one of the first Public Benefit Corporations to be publicly traded and have a charter that requires a focus on how it benefits its employees, community and society and has a broad portfolio addressing key issues in plant health and human health (Nasdaq: GRNA) by leveraging the full potential of dsRNA and mRNA. The GreenLight team is over 300 people across our headquarters in Medford, MA, an R&D facility in Woburn, MA and an R&D facility in Research Triangle Park, NC. GreenLight also has a biomanufacturing plant in Rochester, NY. Initiatives include finding ways to support biodiversity, protect bees and other pollinators, treat rare diseases as well as develop vaccines.
At GreenLight, we believe inclusion is the way forward. We celebrate the power of working together to address humanity’s challenges, meet the needs of underserved populations, and push the boundaries of scientific discovery. Fueled by our aspiration for a true sense of belonging, our talented teams embody the principles of diversity and equality as we strive to bring food security, medicine, and healthcare to everyone—paving the way for a sustainable future. For more information, visit www.greenlightbio.com.
Job Summary: Support the VP of Plant Health, Product Development & Regulatory in managing and coordinating all global field research activities and providing leadership in establishing proper scientific rigor and methodologies for research and development within the company. Responsible for developing and providing the needed tools and processes to manage and interpret all R&D data globally within the Fungicide category. As a member of the global R&D team, responsible guiding and managing all of the Fungicide development projects, developing technical programs, working closely with the fungicide research leads, the Formulation and Delivery Technology team, Regulatory and the Tech Service development team, as well as looking for new testing opportunities internally and externally. Manage a global team of R&D specialists, and other stakeholders to provide technical expertise and implement strategies.
- Leads the global fungicide category team in technical assessment of new opportunities, developing new product solutions including due diligence activities.
- Assessment of proposed value propositions vs. available information, identification of key data gaps, impact of and comparison to the competitive products and technologies in the existing marketplace.
- Establish technical development strategy, field trial programs and master protocols to assess new opportunities, advance approved global projects to commercialization, together with the Tech Service Team develop technical market positioning data.
- Lead the Global Fungicide Project teams and develop and implement the Fungicide Category Strategy.
- Evaluate potential new chemicals, biological substances, or other new technologies in line with the category strategy and utilizing our global R&D group.
- Collaborates with the R&D group, Formulations, Regulatory, Global Marketing and externally with universities, extension services and governmental research services.
- Develop and provide clear technical positioning for all fungicide products (new lead candidates as well as new development products) and combined portfolio within the company. This includes integrated resistance strategy, rotational products, and the future of Greenlight BioSciences product pipeline. Ensure that the category team has clear technical direction within the organization for Global and Regional support.
- Ensure complete technology transfer at the time of the launch for globally managed products. Ensure that the Category Team has all necessary technical information to make sound business decisions.
- Coordinate global fungicide Development programs and provide technical guidance to all involved stakeholders and teams. The incumbent will provide a leadership role for the technical development of agricultural fungicide solutions within the company.
- Ensure all Greenlight Research Station leads are contacted for any trial needs and internal resources maximized before contracting trials externally.
- In accordance with company objectives develop and monitor development plans and budgets for all fungicide projects, ensuring projects are completed on time and within cost objectives.
- Protect and develop Greenlight’s Intellectual property, including, but not limited to, development of testing agreements, invention disclosures and support of patent filings and prosecution.
- Identifies opportunities to create synergies across functional teams by sharing technical information and by identifying and communicating best practices and new opportunities across business units.
- Provides technical support and training where needed with specific focus on how to sell the value in the portfolio.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- A Master of Science or Ph.D. in Agronomy, Plant Pathology or related field.
- 10+ years combined experience in field development and technical project management is required.
- Technical expertise in Fungicide new product ideation and product development for products with global scope.
- Strong understanding of Agrochemical Industry, Crop Science or Biotechnology.
- Proven success in leadership and in project management.
- Experience working on a regional/global, cross functional team, demonstrated excellence in project management and field development, and cross-cultural communication is essential. Experience in the agricultural chemical and BioSolutions industry preferably in product development and/or research.
- Knowledge of high-level statistics, experimental design, and data analyses and interpretation. Technical knowledge of global agricultural markets and GAP validation for agricultural solutions products.
- Experience with trials management software such as ARM is essential.
INFLUENCE: Success in this role will require partnership & collaboration through influence with middle and senior management within the organization to execute the strategies that foster organizational effectiveness.
BUSINESS ACUMEN: The individual in this role must understand business priorities and translate them into an agenda that supports the business as it grows.
ORGANIZATION/PROJECT MANGEMENT - Plan and schedule work according to changing priorities; designs and maintains effective systems and processes for managing work.
CUSTOMER FOCUS – Ability to building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions
- Number of direct reports – 0
- Number of indirect reports – 0
- Budget responsibilities – $2 – 4.0 M
Travel: 30% of the time; international travel will be required
Greenlight Biosciences Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
GreenLight requires proof of COVID-19 vaccination for its employees.