Director, Commercial Digital and Innovation
United States - California - Foster City
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gilead’s therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the company’s five core values. That’s because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Gilead Sciences is continuing to hire for all open roles. Our interview process may be conducted virtually and some roles will be asked to temporarily work from home. Over the coming weeks and months, we will be implementing a phased approach to bringing employees back to site to ensure the health and safety of our teams.For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site
to apply for this job.Job Description
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a biopharmaceutical company that has pursued and achieved breakthroughs in medicine for more than three decades, with the goal of creating a healthier world for all people. The company is committed to advancing innovative medicines to prevent and treat life-threatening diseases, including HIV, viral hepatitis, and cancer. Gilead operates in more than 35 countries worldwide, with headquarters in Foster City, California
Reporting to our Executive Director, Digital and Innovation you would be responsible for developing, scaling and delivering digital innovation initiatives to address business needs, while driving new digital and multichannel capabilities and competencies.Key Responsibilities
Minimum Required Education and Years of Experience:
- Help define and articulate our Commercial Multichannel & Digital Plan, inclusive of all applicable digital vehicles (targeting patients, caregivers, HCPs, payers, policy makers), content strategy, KPI dashboards and organizational capability needs.
- Partner closely with Commercial teams (TA & Commercial Operations), IT, Medical Affairs as well as Government and Public Affairs to form strategic partnerships, build, pilot and scale digital initiatives and multichannel capabilities into our brands/disease areas
- Apply deep understanding of the pharmaceutical industry, payer, provider, and patient dynamics alongside knowledge of the digital technology and partnership landscape to develop and shape the business case for digital opportunities
- Employ a standardized methodology that includes customer perspectives, industry trends, competitive analysis, and technology disruptions to create leading industry digital thought leadership to assist patients and customers, and implement processes that support the delivery of digital work across the commercial business
- Drive the digital capability across Gilead Global Commercial teams, set baseline, measure progress, measure resultant business impact, adjust as needed
- Establish detailed digital roadmaps and strategies for multiple channels at local and global scale; provide input and guide stakeholders portfolio of digital projects/programs
- Partner with legal and compliance to account for and uphold diverse privacy and compliance requirements across geographies
- Establish & Drive our digital content hub to efficiently build, store & share global assets, and simplify market localization of these assets
- Continuously gather data insights to build efficiencies and address gaps in capabilities
Bachelor's Degree and Twelve Years' Experience
Masters' Degree and Ten Years' Experience
PhD and Eight Years' ExperiencePreferred Qualifications:
- A Bachelor's Degree with at least 12 years' experience and extensive knowledge of technology-led, business strategy transformations; or a minimum of 10 years' experience with a Master's Degree (8 years' experience with a Doctoral Degree)
- Significant experience in the pharmaceutical industry and demonstrated capabilities in digital solutions, and the use of digital technologies to both transform business models and provide new customer value-producing opportunities
- Excellent influencing and networking skills paired with stakeholder management
- Experience in a multi-layered global environment
- Experience in Agile methodology and execution and design thinking
- Availability to travel internationally (as required)
. Our ideal candidate will thrive in a fast-paced, high-growth environment. You will have a strong drive to meet and exceed goals, even under adverse circumstances, and is willing to take ownership of problems and make decisions in order to move forward. You should be adept at clearly defining objectives and priorities and establishing appropriate milestones through a strong understanding of the market and innovative approaches. You will assign accountability and incorporate disciplined processes to ensure success and nimbly handle ‘derailments' with contingency plans and coordination.Team leadership
. Our successful candidate will have demonstrated the ability to build, develop, and motivate a team as evidenced by effective hiring, coaching, and mentoring of direct reports. Additionally, this individual will have a track record of successfully leveraging diversity of thought to achieve the highest level of results. The ideal candidate will develop an inclusive culture comfortable with challenging current market paradigms to achieve and exceed goals. You will also have constructed an appropriate succession plan and process.Strategic Orientation.
You should be able to articulate evolving priorities for the business, identify market opportunities and adapt short-term plans. This includes the ability to strategically assess customer needs and build/execute specific, segmented strategies to win business across a diverse set of customers. The successful candidate will have passion for, and success in, developing commercial strategies that have measurable business impact.Collaboration and Influence.
The ability to influence without ownership, by demonstrating competence and confidence, being personally accessible and likable, being a good listener, using fact-based persuasion, passion, and persistence as appropriate to the audience and issue at stake. Gaining the support and involvement of key internal constituencies will be critical to success, as will influencing those important constituencies external to the company. The successful candidate must therefore have excellent skills at influencing outcomes, and shaping and catalyzing dialogue across and outside the organization. Credibility and integrity are critical attributes to effectively command the respect and trust of key individuals.
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org
for assistance.Following extensive monitoring, research, consideration of business implications and advice from internal and external experts, Gilead has made the decision to require all U.S., Canada, Australia, Singapore, and Hong Kong employees and contractors to receive the COVID-19 vaccines as a condition of employment. “Full vaccination” is defined as two weeks after both doses of a two-dose vaccine or two weeks since a single-dose vaccine has been administered. Anyone unable to be vaccinated, either because of a sincerely held religious belief or a medical condition or disability that prevents them from being vaccinated, can request a reasonable accommodation.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the 'EEO is the Law'
poster.NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACTYOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACTPAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site
to apply for this job.