Freenome is a high-growth biotech company on a mission since 2014 to create tools that empower everyone to prevent, detect, and treat their disease.
To achieve this mission, Freenome is developing next-generation blood tests to detect cancer in its earliest, most treatable stages using our multiomics platform and machine learning techniques. Our first blood test will detect early-stage colorectal cancer and advanced adenomas.
The Manager, Technical Product Management is responsible for driving the coalescence of complex systems across Freenome’s robust data pipeline that enables internal and external parties to access the right information at the right time. This role requires you to think holistically across Freenome’s ecosystem and connect backend software in an efficient and reliable manner, with inputs from the scientific teams (molecular research, computational research, laboratory), engineering, and leadership. This includes but not limited to Frenome’s clinical data ingest pipelines, LIMS, data management and integrity.
You will define and execute a product plan in conjunction within a broader overall product development strategy, gather and prioritize user requirements, facilitate design/implementation discussions, and drive development execution. This role offers the opportunity to gain a deep understanding of the complex and pivotal role of software in Freenome’s development and commercialization. The foremost objectives for this role include guiding rapid, iterative development in a heavily-regulated context and managing a heterogeneous and, in some areas, uncharted software ecosystem. Success entails a clear and shared development path that yields indispensable tools for building Freenome’s diagnostic products.
- Define and coordinate software development and integration necessary to support Freenome’s internal and external data needs
- Manage the inflow of data from clinical studies, physicians, external partners, etc. and ensure data integrity
- Help define and build infrastructure to support current and future products
- Provide a clear and tangible vision for future development efforts with scalability in mind
- Work with engineers to translate product requirements into Epics and Stories with clear user acceptance criteria
- Perform backlog grooming
- Perform release planning
- Track and drive development and ensure fulfillment of requirements using issue tracking system (Jira)
- Facilitate productive interactions between users and engineers to ensure needs are understood and met
- Engage with lab and business stakeholders to elucidate requirements, optimize workflows, and lead product definition
- Manage a team of Technical Product Managers and provide focus and action plans consistent with company objectives
Your background, perspective and experience:
- BS in computer science or related technical field, an understanding of molecular or computational biology preferred
- At least five years of experience in a software development environment, ideally with diagnostics market experience
- Demonstrated experience leading a team(s) in a software development field
- Experienced expert at identification and prioritization of software features
- Expertise in Fast Healthcare Interoperability Resources (FHIR) and Electronic Health Records (EHR)
- Experience leading software development efforts to meet regulated market standards (FDA or CE-mark)
- Demonstrated track record of excelling process-driven function
- Demonstration of measurably improving organizational success and processes
- Demonstration of leading complex trade-off decisions between functions
- Demonstration of scaling or navigating a new area to become an expert
- Demonstrated knowledge of laboratory workflows and experience driving software implementation to meet user needs
- Certification or formal training in software development with experience using resource management tools (agile and scrum certifications)
As a condition of employment, you agree to know and comply with our COVID-19 vaccination policy requiring all employees who work on-site and/or attend work-related events to be fully vaccinated and to receive a COVID-19 booster once eligible. Company employees working on-site are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 and to receive a COVID-19 booster once eligible, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law. Absent a reasonable accommodation or legal exception, you agree to provide proof of your vaccination status and to be fully vaccinated by your first day on-site, in accordance with our policy. If you are currently eligible for a COVID-19 booster, you also agree to provide proof of having received a booster. If you are not yet eligible for a COVID-19 booster, you must provide proof of receiving a booster within two weeks of becoming eligible.
Freenome is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. Freenome does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
We have raised more than $1.1B from leading investors including Perceptive Advisors, RA Capital Management, Roche Venture Fund, Kaiser Permanente, Novartis and the American Cancer Society’s BrightEdge Ventures.
A ‘Freenomer’ is a mission-driven employee who is fueled by the opportunity to make a positive impact on patients' lives, who thrives in a culture of respect and cross collaboration, and whose work makes a significant impact on the company and their career.
Freenomers are technical, creative, visionary, grounded, empathetic and passionate. We build teams around divergent expertise, allowing us to solve problems and ascertain opportunities in unique ways. Freenomers are some of the most talented experts in their fields, joining together to advance healthcare, one breakthrough at a time.
Benefits include but are not limited to:
- Competitive compensation
- Pre-IPO equity
- Flexible PTO (exempt) and generous PTO (non-exempt)
- Comprehensive health coverage, including medical, dental, and vision
- Wellness and mental health resources, including Employee Assistance Programs (EAPs), Paid maternity and paternity leave
- 401(k) plan
- $250.00 new hire stipend to enhance your home office experience
- Plus, a variety of other perks, including pre-tax commuter benefits, two paid volunteer days per year, pet insurance, and additional discounts
# # #
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws.
Notice to agencies:
Our in-house Talent Acquisition Team manages all employment opportunities at Freenome. Agencies and independent recruiters must be approved as a vendor by Freenome’s Talent Acquisition team before submitting candidates to any Freenome employee.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes or biographies from agencies under any circumstances. Any unsolicited resumes sent to Freenome, including those sent to a Freenome email address or directly to Freenome employees, will be considered Freenome property. Freenome will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume. Freenome will consider any candidate for whom an Agency has submitted an unsolicited resume to have been referred by the Agency free of any charges or fees.
Please do not contact Freenome employees directly. Compliance with this request will impact our decision to work with you.
#LI-Remote, #LI-Onsite, #LI-Hybrid