The Biologics Development & Launch Department at the AbbVie Bioresearch Center in Worcester, MA is seeking a highly motivated postdoctoral fellow to work with us on CHO Cell Line Development projects - with a focus on a new cell line development platform based on “targeted integration”, as well as other process optimization, genetic engineering, and cell line characterization studies.
Strong candidates will have experience in one or more of the following: recombinant cell line development (transfection, selection, cloning), genetic engineering (e.g., CRISPR Knock-Out/Knock-Ins, Cre/Lox, ZFN, Frt/Flp), flow cytometry/FACS, genetic characterization (PCR, ddPCR, NGS, TLA), bioinformatics, transcriptomics (RNAseq), expression vector optimization, and/or related skills.
- Independently design, execute and interpret critical experiments to answer scientific questions.
- Understand the broad objectives of the project as well as their role in achieving those objectives, and modify experimental plan when required, to respond.
- Learn, understand and master new experimental techniques.
- Innovate and implement new experimental protocols.
- Demonstrate a high level of proficiency in his/her field.
- Set and meet experimental timelines.
- Effectively organize and present scientific plans and data.
- Contribute to writing and conceptual framework of publications, presentations, and patents.
- Routinely read and apply relevant scientific literature. Impact projects mostly through lab and/or pilot plant based activities where applicable.
- Publish and disseminate data via external conferences and peer-reviewed publications
- Successful completion and defense of a PhD. Minimum graduate school GPA 3.0; 3.5 preferred. Graduate of accredited and nationally ranked university
- Record of publication in a prestigious journal(s)
- Excellent problem-solving skills including critical and analytical thinking
- Excellent communication, leadership, and project management skills. Demonstrated scientific writing skills and strong verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to independently design and execute experiments, interpret data, and identify appropriate follow-up strategies.
- Proven track record of teamwork, adaptability, innovation, initiative, and integrity. Global mindset to thrive in a diverse culture and environment.
- Ability to multitask and work within timelines.