At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision – transforming patients’ lives through science.In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease – and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry – each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
The Digital Plant 1st Shift Engineer will be an integral part of the Digital Plant team within Bristol-Myers Squibb at Devens, MA. The role will
serve as an individual contributor by providing Digital plant operational support to the manufacturing operations at Devens facility. This
includes receiving support requests, providing resolutions in a timely manner with escalation as needed, and providing technical expertise to
stake holders/ end users in the organization.
Major Job Duties & Responsibilities:
l Support 24/7 manufacturing operations that includes need based shift coverage consisting day shifts and weekend coverage
Support the operation of all GMP/ Non GMP manufacturing systems (Process Automation Systems, Manufacturing Execution
Systems, IT & Labs) in the Manufacturing facilities at Devens, MA
- Provide Troubleshooting support and guidance of Digital Plant systems in support of manufacturing and or Lab Operations
- Support 24/7 manufacturing operations that includes need based shift coverage consisting day shifts and weekend coverages
- Investigate the root cause of Digital Plant problems and propose solution to prevent recurrence
- Support the configuration, testing and implementation of process control solutions to a variety of complex technical problems
- Ensure the documentation of the knowledge base on how to resolve issues encountered, thus facilitate the job for future activities
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or equivalent combination of education and technical
- A minimum of two (2) years working experience with control systems or manufacturing systems; preferred Emerson DeltaV,
Emerson Syncade, OSISoft PI, or Rockwell Logix
- Understanding of expectations working in regulated industries such as Biotech, Pharmaceutical, Medical Device or Food-
- Must demonstrate an ability to understand and apply software solutions
- Must demonstrate an ability to troubleshoot complex problems on highly automated equipment
- Must be able to successfully work independently and within teams
- Must be able to work in a fast paced multi-tasking environment
- Must have strong interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.