Mammoth Biosciences is seeking a Senior Research Associate with expertise in assay design, high throughput screening and use of automation for its Protein Engineering team. This role will focus on developing and executing high throughput screening methods to enable the development of optimized proteins for next-generation CRISPR diagnostic assays.
A successful candidate in this position will be responsible for spearheading screening efforts to enable the development of new CRISPR Cas nucleases for diagnostic applications. This role will function as part of the Assay Innovation group, which is responsible for developing new diagnostic technologies and sits upstream of our Assay Development group.KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop robust, high-throughput CRISPR diagnostic assays for protein engineering workflows
- Perform and optimize screens for protein engineering campaigns
- Conduct statistical analysis on screening datasets
- Select variants for validation and perform associated biochemical studies
- Document experimental results in laboratory notebooks
- Present experimental results at internal meetings
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelors with at least 2 years of experience or Masters in Biochemistry, Molecular Biology or related area
- Enzyme assay and automation experience in academia or industry
- Familiarity with liquid handlers such as Hamilton/Tecan/ECHO
- Familiarity with colony pickers such as Qpix
- Experience with plate readers
- Experience in designing high throughput assays
- Experience with CRISPR systems
- Computer and scripting skills (Benchling, Geneious, JMP, Python)
- Company-paid health/vision/dental benefits
- Unlimited vacation and generous sick time
- Company-sponsored meals and snacks
- Wellness, caregiver and ergonomics benefits
- 401(k) with company matching
Mammoth Biosciences is harnessing the diversity of life to power the next generation of CRISPR products. Through the discovery and engineering of novel CRISPR systems, the company is enabling the full potential of its platform to read and write the code of life. Mammoth aims to develop permanent genetic cures through best-in-class in vivo and ex vivo therapies and to democratize disease detection with on-demand diagnostics. Mammoth can provide enhanced diagnostics and genome editing for life science research, healthcare, agriculture, biodefense and more. Based in the San Francisco Bay Area, Mammoth Biosciences is co-founded by CRISPR pioneer and Nobel Laureate Jennifer Doudna and Trevor Martin, Janice Chen, and Lucas Harrington. The firm is backed by top institutional investors including Redmile Group, Foresite Capital, Senator Investment Group, Sixth Street, Decheng, Mayfield, NFX, and 8VC, along with leading individual investors including Brook Byers, Tim Cook, and Jeff Huber.
The Diagnostics team is advancing our CRISPR-based DETECTR® platform to address unmet needs across the continuum of testing. From laboratories to the home, our mission is to democratize diagnostics with CRISPR.
It is our policy and intent to provide equal opportunity to all persons without regard to race, color, religion, political affiliation, sex/gender (including gender expression/identity, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), marital status, registered domestic partner status, sexual orientation, age, ancestry, national origin, veteran status, disability, medical condition, genetic characteristics, and/or any other basis protected by law. This policy covers all facets of employment including, but not limited to: recruitment, selection, placement, promotions, transfers, demotions, terminations, training, and compensation.
Mammoth Biosciences requires that all employees be vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of at-will employment, with exceptions for medical or religious reasons in compliance with local, state, and federal law.