Scientist – Mass Spectrometry
Evotec is a leader in the discovery and development of novel small molecule drugs with operational sites in Europe, Asia and the US. The Company has built substantial drug discovery expertise and an industrialized platform that can drive new innovative small molecule compounds into the clinic. In addition,
Evotec has built a deep internal knowledge base in the treatment of diseases related to neuroscience, pain, and inflammation. Leveraging these skills and expertise the Company intends to deliver superior science-driven discovery alliances with pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies.
The Assay Operations Group is seeking a talented and innovative Scientist (full-time/permanent position) to join our growing team at Evotec’s US headquarters in Princeton, New Jersey. The successful candidate will work within a new capability within our Mass Spectrometry group.
- Responsible for the optimization and implementation of affinity selection mass spectrometry screening
- Provide guidance and leadership for mass spectrometry-based compound profiling
- Interacting with management and directly with clients
- Maintaining detailed laboratory records of all activities
- Experience in Mass Spectrometry is essential
- Familiarity with ligand binding techniques (i.e., SPR, DSF, radioligand binding) highly desirable
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel; Sigma Plot or GraphPad Prism is essential
- Highly self-motivated, ability to work well in a cross-functional team and excellent communication skills are essential
- The successful candidate should hold a PhD in biological sciences (or equivalent) with experience working both independently and collaboratively in a laboratory environment
In return, Evotec offers the chance to expand and develop your career in a vigorous and exciting professional environment promoted by an open culture and a spirit of community.
Evotec is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, gender, age, disability, genetic information, gender expression, gender identity, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status.