What You Will Achieve
We are looking for an Administrative Lead that would be reporting to the Sr. Vice President (SVP) and Head of Cancer Immunology Discovery (CID) in the Oncology Research & Development (ORD) Group.The Administrative Lead provides administrative support to the Head of CID, the CID Leadership Team (LT) and CID Research Groups. This role interacts with colleagues across Pfizer, ORD, WRDM and the La Jolla site.
How You Will Achieve
- Provide direct administrative support to the Head of Cancer Immunology Discovery and Leadership Team, including, but not limited to Travel & Expenses, team event planning,new hire recruitment, complex calendar management, meeting coordination and preparation, group information distribution.
- Manage day-to-day operational and administrative duties of the department.
- Coordinate and proactively manage complex calendars, scheduling high-level, time sensitive meetings.
- Create and maintain distribution lists, org chart updates. Support projects and collect information for reporting as needed.
- Plan and optimize travel arrangements for SVP. Review and process expense reports.
- Collation of information (agendas, pre-read material etc) as needed in advance of meetings.
- Handle all duties with a high degree of integrity, professionalism and confidentiality.
- Proactively identify or anticipate issues and use judgment to expeditiously resolve all issues including the most urgent.
- Contribute to positive group dynamics and public relations by developing professional relationships with internal stakeholders and external collaborators and visitors.
- Facilitateinterview scheduling including liaison with interviewers, HR, hiring manager, candidates plus associated activities (travel, agenda, seminar, room bookings, processing expenses, etc).
- Point of Contact for all compliance requirements related to external scientific engagement and ensure accurate compliance document management through Engage Plus.
- HS Diploma or GED Required with at least 6 years of relevant experience.
- Demonstrates expert knowledge and proficiency with general office procedures such as customer service, e-mail etiquette, commonly used office software (e.g., Microsoft 365, MS Office-Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Team Sites, SharePoint, One Drive)
- Expert knowledge of Pfizer specific processes and procedures applicable to the line/Site (including but not limited to ARIBA, Taulia, PT&E, ENGAGE Plus, etc., functional area databases, Pfizer IT platforms).
- Possesses excellent communication and coordination skills with an ability to respond with professionalism in verbal as well as written communications.
- Able to communicate and work effectively with all levels of management.
- Demonstrates resourcefulness with the ability to anticipate needs.
- Excellent attention to detail and follow-up skills.
- Strong collaboration skills are required to ensure efficient operations of the SVP and Leadership Team.
- Ability to find solutions and implement or improve team and business processes.
- Must be independent, pro-active, self-motivated with strong organizational skills and possess the ability to manage priorities, handle multiple tasks with frequent tight deadlines, problem solve, work well in team environments, and be productive when working independently with minimal supervision.
- Excellent judgment as well as the ability to work with confidential documents and information.
- Bachelor's degree
- Knowledge of the pharmaceutical industry and healthcare environment.
- Knowledge and understanding of ORD Research Unit functions and structures.
Other Job Details
- Work Location Assignment:Flexible. Flexible colleagues are assigned a Pfizer site within a commutable distance where they work about 2-3 days weekly to connect and innovate with their team face-to-face. However, they also benefit from being able to work offsite regularly when it makes business sense to do so.
Pfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider’s name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.
EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.