DNA Script is a leading company in manufacturing de novo synthetic nucleic acids using enzymatic DNA synthesis (EDS) technology. The company aims at accelerating innovation in life science and technology through the decentralization of rapid, on demand and high-quality DNA synthesis. DNA Script's approach leverages nature's billions of years of evolution in synthesizing DNA to set a new standard for customizing nucleic acid synthesis thus accelerating discovery in genetics, genomics, and synthetic biology. Discovery disciplines with profound impacts upon humanity such as biopharma, translational genetics and even molecular information storage all start with synthetic DNA. The company has recently initiated the commercialization of its first EDS powered platform, the SYNTAX system.
To date, DNA Script has raised over $315M of financing, with leading investors such as Coatue Management, Fidelity Management and Research, Catalio Capital Management, Casdin Capital, LSP, Bpifrance Large Ventures, Danaher, Illumina Ventures, Agilent, Merck Ventures, Sofinnova Partners, Kurma Partners, T Rowe Price, Baillie Gifford and Eurazeo.
DNA Script also partners on technology and product development with leading organizations such as DARPA, IARPA, Moderna Therapeutics, GE Research, Illumina, the Broad Institute, Harvard University, Institut Pasteur and the French Department of Defense.
DNA Script has its research and manufacturing facilities headquartered in Paris, France, and is in the process of expanding its commercial and development teams in South San Francisco.
Opportunity and Challenges :
We are looking to assemble a team of best-in-class, innovative and passionately eager people. We want to gather their talents and skills to achieve one goal: unlock the power of “DNA-write.” We offer the opportunity of joining a dynamic, international, and highly skilled team in a pioneering startup. Our DNA On Demand platform not only has the potential to change the way the world makes and uses synthetic DNA, but also to accelerate the rate of discovery by delivering upon the promise of same-day results.
This is an opportunity to join a rapidly growing company and to have a large impact on developing a technology that will have far-reaching impacts across biological sciences.
We are looking for a Buyer to support our Manufacturing Operations team and our sub-contractors for a broad variety of inventory and non-inventory items. The ideal candidate will be primarily responsible for the procurement of electronic components, PCBAs, mechanical components and subassemblies, etc. This requires knowledge of established (distributors & direct) and alternative (brokers) suppliers in order to meet required deadlines. The Buyer is also responsible for negotiating purchase conditions, managing logistics and urgent shipments, implement supplier agreements as needed, and managing related costs while continuing to ensure quality of purchased products.
The position is US based, in the South San Francisco, California office.
- Partner with the Manufacturing Engineering, Product Development, Field Service, and Contract Manufacturers to develop and implement supply action plans for electronic components, PCBAs, mechanical components and subassemblies.
- Develop supplier relationships and contracts that improve quality, security of supply, competitive pricing, and service.
- Proactively reduce risks of supply disruptions.
- Lead resolution of supplier quality, receiving, and billing issues.
- Maintain current and accurate supplier data in the purchasing system (e.g. delivery dates, pricing, change orders).
- Support and assist other departments to ensure efficient flow of purchasing transactions throughout the company.
- Deliver a high level of customer service within the company.
- Compliance to procurement policies & procedures.
- Support related procurement activities as assigned by the Purchasing Manager.
Qualifications and experience
- Bachelor's degree required, MBA or relevant graduate degree preferred
- 2-3 years of relevant experience in the field
- Expertise in electronic components, cables, mechanical, and fluidics parts
- Knowledge of MRP/ERP software required (ideally NetSuite / Oracle)
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Good judgment in price negotiation and vendor selection
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to plan, organize, and manage multiple projects with attention to detail
- Ability to handle changing priorities under tight deadlines
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral)
- Job located in South San Francisco
- Start date: ASAP
- Health, Dental, Vision. Company pays 95% of premiums for employees and dependents. We have lots of plans available including HMOs, PPOs, HDHPs, etc.
- Life insurance
- 401(k) with 4% match
- Short and long-term disability insurance
- Other employee-funded plans including pre-tax commuter, HSA, and FSA
- Mental health support with Sesh
- Competitive parental leave policy
- Initial screening with the hiring manager
- Day interview at the office (or remote) with the manager, cofounders, HR and the rest of the team
- Reference Checks
- Timing: 2-3 weeks