About the role
Sana Biotechnology is growing, and we are hiring new team members who believe in the potential of engineered cells as medicines, who want to challenge status quo, and who lead with the desire to work on novel ideas. As a Senior Research Associate, you will report to Executive Director, HSC Gene Therapy to forward our in vivo gene therapy platform for hematopoietic stem cell therapy. You will work in a vibrant research environment with cross-functional connections to technical operations and pharmacology groups. You have the vision to do creative things and the determination to execute that vision. Cool stuff.
What you'll do
- Implement ex vivo studies to demonstrate efficiency of gene transfer in HSC
- Support studies to demonstrate HSC gene transfer through in vivo delivery
- Understand and apply relevant scientific literature to the design of experimental protocols.
What we're looking for
- Bachelors degree +4 years experience or Masters degree +2 year in an academic or industry setting
- Human immune/blood and mammalian cell culture, including methods for in vivo reconstitution and multi-color flow cytometric techniques.
- Ex vivo Gene or Cell Therapy approaches including with lentiviral vectors
- Working in diverse collaborative teams
What will separate you from the crowd
- Hands-on experience with Gene-editing methods
- Hands-on experience with Illumina sequencing platforms
What you should know
- Working safely in person on a predictable and regular in-person basis is an essential job function for this position, and the Company requires that all individuals working in-person be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, including receipt of a vaccine booster shot if recommended by the CDC
How we work together
- Lead from every seat – we seek to understand, act with honesty, and engage in the crucial conversations
- Thrive as a team – we hire amazing people, are intensely curious, and cultivate inclusion and personal connectivity
- Make it happen – we value vigorous debate, alignment around our decisions, and resilient execution
Get to know us
At Sana, we believe that a diverse workforce strengthens us as a company and helps us to achieve our mission to meaningfully change the outcome of many human diseases. This belief is a pillar of our business and is critical to our success. Our goal is that Sana is the place for talented people to bring their authentic selves to work, to have a great career and to deeply, positively impact patients.
Core to our values, we believe there is nothing more important than the health and wellness of you and your family. For benefit eligible employees, we cover 100% of the cost for employee health coverage and offer generous time-off, parental leave, short- and long-term disability, employer paid basic life insurance, additional voluntary life insurance protection, financial wellness programs including financial planning resources, a 401(k) Plan with an immediately vested employer match, Tuition Reimbursement and Student Loan Repayment, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, commuter subsidy and a variety of wellness offerings to support each person individually.
We are committed to providing a workplace free of discrimination and harassment based on race, color, religion, age, gender, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental or sensory disability (including the use of a trained guide dog or service animal by a person with a disability), genetic information, actual or perceived HIV or Hepatitis C infection, medical condition (cancer or a record or history of cancer and genetic characteristics), marital status, sexual orientation, sexual preference, pregnancy (including childbirth and related medical conditions), disability, veteran status, political ideology, social class (including caste/caste identity), taking or requesting statutorily protected leave, status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual assault or stalking, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
To perform this job successfully, you must be able to perform each job responsibility satisfactorily. The job description listed above is representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required for this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions described above.