Global Head of HR, R&D, Partnering and North America
Ipsen Biopharmaceuticals Inc.
The BHR will be a trusted advisor to their respective business partners on all talent related matters, ensuring that they have the right talent, capabilities and structure in place for today and tomorrow. They will support the business by collaborating with internal clients to drive solutions that meet long-term, strategic goals and effectively balancing business needs with guardianship of Ipsen’s collaborative and agile culture.
The main purpose of the position is:
To be responsible for initiating, developing and implementing HR strategies in line with Ipsen business objectives and to support the division/functions strategy whilst proactively building/maintaining relationship with the key business players.
To act as a change agent, encouraging a shared mindset/culture within the Division and facilitating the ability for change of the Division.
To be accountable for delivering a high quality, timely, ethical, flexible and cost-effective Human Resources expertise that supports profit able business growth and diverse workforce.
- Provide useful insights around talent to inform strategic decisions and support Transformation by translating strategic choices into HR consequences, and lead the social impacts.
- Upscale the talent pool and help Ipsen become best-in-industry in growing talent, drive mid- and long-term capabilities, anticipating organizational needs and disruptive trends.
- Manage Talent Pools, provide HR Consultancy, Accountable for High Po development, promote Performance-driven culture, accountable for top management talent acquisition in their division.
- Partner with business leaders to help drive new ways of working: more data-driven with greater consistency and efficiency across Ipsen.
- Define HR service needs and monitor end-customer overall satisfaction and deliver Divisional HR management reporting.
- Work closely with ELT & ELT leadership team, provide people advice, coaching.
- Manage GLT talent pool in partnership with Global Talent management (hiring, assessment) and Country LT talent pool in partnership with International HR operations/ country Hubs HR operation.
- Accountable for division’ engagement strategy.
Education / Certifications:
Post graduate studies University or Business school ideal. Masters’ qualification in HR or Business, CIPD full membership ideal, and a background in a pharmaceutical organization.
- Proven ability to work in a global matrixed organization at a mid/senior level, strong leadership and influencing skills.
- An international HR executive, with a proven track record in the function; Extensive International experience.
- Background in a HR generalist and HR Business Partner role in a large, matrixed organization.
- An immediately credible profile, bringing creativity and processes with proven project management skills, combining strategic skills and a hands-on approach.
- A relevant number of years of human resources experience, including time spent in highly regarded organizations known for strong competency in human resources/talent management. Exposure to best-in-class, business-focused human resource functions, with a deep understanding of the impact and synergies between talent strategies and other human resource processes, such as rewards and compensation.
- Previous life sciences sector experience strongly preferred as they operate in a similar manner in regulated environments.
- Possess strong executive presence in a multi-cultural environment and have a proven record in collaboration and influence without authority.
- Experience as a non-HR field would be a plus.
Fluent in English and French would be ideal but not required.
Key Technical Competencies Required:
- Functional expertise with Business Acumen: Recognized business mindset. Understanding of the importance of theory and best practices. Ability to apply talent process that supports business objectives. Work closely with internal clients to fully understand their business issues and determine solutions to help the business units; identify talent gaps and solve existing issues and anticipate future gaps.
- Influencing and impacting capabilities: Demonstration of critical interpersonal relations and judgment skills in developing and accessing executives, guiding senior management, and influencing outcomes. Ability to quickly establish credibility with senior management; effectively change leadership behavior through influence. Effective navigation toward results in a complex organization structure.
- Change Agent: with a high level of energy, pragmatic with a results-oriented approach. Experienced in working in an agile and flat organization which has already undergone a transformation journey. Demonstrated ability to get deeply involved with a business unit, develop strong relationships with a broad array of senior executives and deliver impactful progress that drives behavioral and cultural change.
- Role model Ipsen’s patient-focused, innovative, and agile culture.
- Good knowledge of HR policies and procedures and current legislative requirements.
- Excellent written and oral communication, combined with organizational, interpersonal, negotiation and time management skills.
- Coaching, Negotiation skills, and influential skills.
- Digital fluency and Data driven skills.
The ideal candidate must have strong pharmaceutical experience to be considered for the position. S/he must know the Boston/Cambridge HR pharma ecosystem thoroughly and have connections with the other HR leaders.
The ideal candidate must be a "doer" who is passionate about leading a team of global HR personnel and be able to coach and advise them. Ipsen is a collaborative company in which HR plays an important role. It is also critical that this leader understands the R&D aspect of the business.
IPSEN is an equal opportunity employer that strictly prohibits unlawful discrimination. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to an individual’s race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, age, mental/physical disability, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.