Senior Director, US Health Economics & Outcomes Research
Ipsen Biopharmaceuticals Inc.
Ipsen is a dynamic and growing global specialty-driven biopharmaceutical company, focused on innovation and specialty care. At Ipsen, we’ve created a workplace that recognizes and promotes an entrepreneurial spirit in our employees, and are building a strong legacy of helping patients with difficult-to-treat diseases across oncology, neurosciences and rare diseases. We know we can only be better and smarter if we work diligently together as ONE Ipsen, across all functions and geographies. We strive to break down silos and empower teams to deliver effective therapeutic solutions through highly differentiated medicines for patients with unmet needs.
We take pride in our culture, which is rooted in collaboration, to deliver results for our core customer – the patient. This level of involvement by cross-functional teams promotes a strong sense of unity, and pulls together all colleagues locally and across our key geographies, which span 115 countries across North America, Europe and Asia. As a growing organization, Ipsen North America is comprised of our Cambridge, MA, Basking Ridge, NJ and Toronto, Canada locations, with employees supporting functions including Commercial Operations, R&D, Business Development and Technical Operations.
Our employees are the driving force behind our mission at Ipsen, and to sustain their passion and focus every day, we offer a wealth of fulfilling challenges and growth opportunities through unique leadership and training programs. At Ipsen, you will work alongside industry leaders and contribute within a fast-moving and truly game-changing global organization, recognized for its talent and patient solutions. At Ipsen, we’re making hope a reality for the patients we serve.
The goal of this position is to strategically lead the United States Health Economics and Outcomes Research (US HEOR) team. This team is responsible for developing payer value propositions and evidence generation strategies in support of Ipsen products, as well as to communicate the evidence by engaging with payers and other stakeholders. This role will set HEOR and real world evidence (RWE) research strategies and tactics that address US payers’ needs and will partner with Global teams to ensure alignment with global strategies and approaches. He/She will lead a team of experienced researchers tasked with evidence generation across Ipsen’s portfolio, addressing key research questions, and concerns of external stakeholders. He/She will ensure scientific rigor of all HEOR research activities and will partner across the company to ensure the produced research is high quality and high impact. He/She will also work cross-functionally to ensure that HEOR plans are aligned across the organization including V&A and the commercial team. Key business partners will be the US medical affairs team, US commercial, US V&A teams , global HEOR and GMA Global RWE, Data analytics and Insights group.
This role will be part of North America Medical organization and will report to the Senior Vice President, North America Medical.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Set the strategy for the US HEOR group across Ipsen Portfolio and in partnership with US and global teams.
- Effectively manages and communicates with internal and external stakeholders.
- Accountable for designing and executing high quality HEOR research that support the clinical, economic and humanistic value of Ipsen’s entire product portfolio
- Ensure the conduct of methodologically sound and comprehensive research that addresses priority HEOR evidence needs, design methodologically rigorous HEOR studies and projects, in collaboration with internal and external researchers.
- Manage and mentor a high performance team of experienced HEOR researchers that will take the HEOR research from concept to publication.
- Supervise the development and refinement of AMCP dossiers, budget impact models, and value communication tools.
- Conduct and lead research activities using secondary data sources such as healthcare claims, electronic medical record, as well as other available datasets for HEOR projects
- Accountable to manage the HEOR budget and delivering the projects on time.
- Communicate and leverage approved HEOR evidence and tools to key stakeholders and decision makers including payers, integrated delivery networks, PBMs, provider institutions to inform healthcare decision making
- Collaborate, as appropriate, with other customer-facing teams to provide comprehensive customer support, such as field Value and Access, and field medical colleagues
- Complies with all regulatory laws, regulations and policies that govern the conduct of Ipsen U.S. staff for HCEI outcomes and presentations
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Advanced degree (MS, MPH, MBA) in Public Health, Health Services Research, Economics, Epidemiology, Biostatistics, Health Policy or a related quantitative discipline is required.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in Health Economics and Outcomes Research is required including customer-facing field experience of at least 3 years
- Clinical knowledge background is a plus.
Core Competencies (Specific knowledge, skills and abilities that enable an individual to effectively perform the job)
- Knowledge: Minimum of 10 years of experience in Health Economics and Outcomes Research is required. Real World Evidence experience is a must. A strong understanding of the US healthcare systems, policies and context is preferred. Presenting HEOR data to external audiences, field HEOR and/or US market experience and drug launch experience is required.
- Skills: Experience leading a cross-functional team or initiative is required to demonstrate leading without authority. Demonstrated expertise in health services research, health economics, retrospective observational research from inception to publication is required.
- Abilities: Strategic thinking and cross functional partnership. Strong communication skills (both oral and written) and project management skills and vendor management is required. SAS programming experience and experience working with large databases is a plus.
The statements contained herein reflect general details as necessary to describe the principles functions for this job, the level of knowledge and skill typically required, and the scope of responsibility, but should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned, including work in other functional areas to cover absences or relief, to equalize peak work periods or otherwise balance workload.
Ipsen Biopharmaceuticals, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, religion, creed, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, sexual identity, marital status, military or veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Ipsen Biopharmaceuticals, Inc. conducts background screening, reference checks, and drug testing as part of its pre-employment screening process. This description is not intended to be constructed as an exhaustive list of duties, responsibilities, or requirements for the position. This position may change or assume additional duties at any time. The employee may be requested to perform different or additional duties as assigned.
All Employees are expected to adhere to all company policies and act as a role model for company values.
In order to maintain a safe work environment, Ipsen requires all employees to be fully vaccinated (with booster if eligible) against the Covid 19 virus at the time of employment.
IPSEN is an equal opportunity employer that strictly prohibits unlawful discrimination. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to an individual’s race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, age, mental/physical disability, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.